LegacyGT.com

"power mode"

if anyone knows what this is, or has done this to your A/T, please let me know, and pictures are as good as gold here since I try not to burn my car down or blow up transmissions to frequently. >>>:eek:<<< look on my face when I read about this! >>>:eek:<<<

I did it to my 93 and love it. Dont have any pics

I just copied and pasted what i said on the first gen area. just for fyi

it was quite easy.... the "manual" button conversion i did a while ago is easy too. On the TCU module (under the dash, just next to the steering column), the one 20pin connector thats closest to the front, pin 6 is a blue w/ yellow stripe, that is the "manual" control. I snipped that wire, left at least 1 inch on the pin, and the other side of the wire i connected to a relay to turn the ground signal (which the other end of the blue\yellow wire runs to the switch, which goes to ground) into positive voltage. take the switched side of the relay that is positive and tap into the wire for the torque converter wire... which i believe is the red/yellow??? Dont quote me on that... right now its COLD.... WINDY.... and RAINY..... lol......

I should do a schematic for this.............................................. ...

"power" mode is easier.... i took the pin from pin 6 (the short 1" blue/yellow wire) and put that two spots over to pin 4... ran that to a switch that the other side is ground... so flip the switch... that pin see ground.... and power mode is active...... VOILA'!....... lol....

BTW.....IF you do the TCC switch mod..... DO NOT TOUCH THE "MANUAL" BUTTON ON YOUR SHIFTER TILL YOUR AT LEAST 40-45MPH!!!!! once you push the button... the TCC will kick in... and the amber "manual" light on your dash will light up....

I did this mod cause i drive on the highway about 20 miles one way to work, and i noticed the rpm's run about 2700 or so at 65... then when i was about to get off the highway... it was 2200... so i researched and found the tcc doesnt get locked up till it hits a certain temp,,, KILLING mpg.. so i went from approx 17/18 mpg to 25mpg by kicking on the tcc as soon as getting up to speed on the highway...... just got to remember to turn off the switch before slowing down on the ramp.......

if ya want pics... gonna have to wait... were getting the effects of sandy here in indiana now..

I calculated mileage for the last few tanks... I confirmed that I lose ~1-1.5 MPG with Power Mode engaged vs. stock 4EAT under normal driving. Not too big a difference. Nice to have the extra RPMs on tap when getting onto the uphill highway on-ramps.

Archived