LegacyGT.com

06 LGT Datalog

mkee87

Are you actively monitoring parameters (displayed in the AP display) such as Feedback Knock or Fine Learning Knock? If you look at your 2nd posted log during the WOT run that starts on row 6242, you'll see your ECU is making -very large- timing corrections being made via Feedback as well as Fine Learning knock.

What's the stats on your car (stock, mods, etc), and what map are you currently running? Also, what brand gas & octane do you have in the tank.

Might want to also do a datalog w/ the car sitting still in neutral and log AF Learning 1A,B,C,D to see what your long term fuel trims look like.

My car is an 06 lgt 5eat, it has an aem panel filter, and a grimmspeed uppipe. I'm currently running the Cobb acn91 stage 1 map and my last tank fill up of gas was at shell with 91.

I found a hole in the turbo inlet about the size of a pencil right before the turbo so I think that could be the culprit.

Get that fixed and check for any other leaks. At idle, if your AF correction is pegged in the positive, you still have a boost leak somewhere. I'd also clean your MAF sensor and make sure your air filter is clean

Log looks better but your ECU is activating -1.4 deg learned correction (fine learning KC) in the 4800-5800 rpm range under load, and also registered a -2 deg feedback correction around 5800 rpm immediately after the learned correction stopped being applied. You can see this b/n rows 969-993 in your most recent datalog.

What does a short idle/neutral datalog show for AF Learning 1A, B, C, D? -Don't- reset the ECU before you log the AF Learning 1A/etc, as resetting clears the fuel trim data (among other things such as the learned timing corrections).

Off topic: Are you using an AP v3? I have an AP v2 married to my OBXT and get nowhere near 0.1 sec polling interval when logging as many parameters as you're logging. If you're using a v3, I might pop for one just for the improved polling speed. 10 samples/sec is still 'slow' compared to the Romraider logger in fast polling mode, but I have to lug around the laptop w/ a tactrix cable to top the ~3-4 samples/sec I get w/ the AP v2.

I am using the APv3. That datalog is probably off as I found the fuel pressure regulator was unplugged and I had the lines backwards to the boost control solenoid. I fixed that reset the ecu did a 3rd gear pull and here's what I got.

I'm thinking the front o2 sensor might be the culprit so I have a new one on the way.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18VWSQSrZiFD6T6_8fj29rKRKGi4uyz_gbigUzFUM6VM/edit?usp=sharing

2 questions:

1) Was the WOT 3rd gear pull in your latest log, the -first- boosted run after the ECU reset?

2) Do you have feedback and fine learning knock displayed on the AP v3 (live view) while you're doing these datalogs? If not, you -really- should.

Look at your datalog from row 55 to the end of the datalog (from 4172 RPM all the way up to 6100 rpm). You have a mix of FLKC followed by FBKC and then FLKC + FBKC then after FLKC drops out you have continued increasing FBKC. If you continue to do runs like these, you risk damaging your motor. If this were my car, I would have aborted the run completely right at 4172 RPM where the first instance of FLKC was applied. At most, I might have continued the pull until I saw the -2.8 deg FLKC applied at 4450 at which point I'd be troubleshooting the issue. I don't know if it's fuel or just too much timing for your particular car, you're not overboosting from what I can tell. I'm not a tuner but since you're WOT, you're in open loop and instantaneous O2 readings don't come into play.

You have a lot of positive af correction, which indicates you still have a pre-turbo boost leak. I would track that down first. What's your correction factor at, when your car is at idle? Find your leak and go from there.

Logan

That run was the first wot run since resetting the ecu, it was at 16.4 miles since the reset. I just put in a new turbo inlet over the weekend and found and fixed vacuum lines. The front o2 sensor is getting replaced tomorrow. I may have damaged it putting in my uppipe.

Don't know if it makes a difference but my a/f sensor one current is reading all over the place. It will jump down to -.43mA at idle show 0 under throttle and spike to 2mA out of nowhere.

^^ Do what Logan says, and IMO you really need to stop driving through all that knock correction before you end up chasing down a compression problem instead of a boost/vac leak. Throw FBKC and FLKC on the AP v3's live display while doing your logging, and if you see either FBKC or FLKC change from 0, abort the run esp if you see more than single counts of correction (multiples of -2 deg for FBKC or multiples of -1.4 deg for FLKC).

In your latest log, you're seeing up to quadruple counts of FLKC being applied. That means your ECU heard knock in a certain rpm/load range, pulled -1.4 deg, still heard knock, pulled an additional -1.4 deg (total -2.8 deg), still heard knock, pulled yet another -1.4 deg (total -4.2 deg), still heard knock, and pulled yet another -1.4 deg (total -5.6 deg). That all happened b/n 4182 RPM and 5800 RPM. Starting at 5600 RPM, the ECU also applied FBKC correction on top of the -5.6 deg that was already being pulled via FLKC. The FBKC went from single count -2 deg at 5600 rpm and pulled increasing amts of timing up to -10 deg at 5800 RPM. I'm running a built motor and would be real nervous running into boost w/ that kind of knock correction showing up.

Maybe it's possible you have something rattling around under the hood that's causing all that knock to be heard, but like Logan indicates, looks like you still have a leak or something else is amiss...

That last log shows your IAM starting off at 0.5 (presumably the Cobb default starting value), increasing to 0.75 then to 1.0 by 3600 RPM during your WOT pull, then dropping back down to 0.875 at 4K RPM, adding in somewhat large amts of FLKC, then dropping IAM quickly to 0 around 4700 RPM.

Not sure if you've still got something potentially rattling around under the hood or if you have a more serious issue that needs to be remedied. AF Correction 1 under part throttle before you buried the loud pedal is quite high (14-15% while holding ~23% throttle).

I think i've said it before, if you don't have Feedback Knock Correction, Fine Learning Knock Correction (and maybe also IAM now that I see it dropping during a pull) displayed real time on the APs display, you really should. And if you see anything show up for Feedback or Fine Learning and/or see your IAM drop during a pull, abort the pull immediately. If all that knock that's showing up in your logs is real, you're going to break something sooner rather than later.

After I did the run I started to get positive FLKC the rest of the drive home. It's really been baffling me so I am going to hand it over to Subaru on Wednesday to see if they can find anything wrong. I haven't heard any actual pinging when I am recording knock. I'm leaning more towards a bad sensor somewhere along the lines or my exhaust manifold being loose, which would explain the high a/f learning and the engine thinking it is knocking. If I didn't have the accessport showing me all of these gauges I would think the car is driving just fine.

Archived