LegacyGT.com

Should I buy this?

Yeah you are right about that and again I need to actually check it Out and drive it if it's ok to drive a little bit to see. If it's nothing too big then I do really want to buy it, but then again, I would HATE to see it go to the junkyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you don't know crazy until you put over 600 in custom headers for a special exhaust setup plus 320 on a cat back exhaust on a 2.5i, where it's still not finished cuz it leaks. But that's a different story. I know lgts need much more maintenance and I am aware of that. But at least I can break even or get a little more than what I put in a lgt if I sold it depending on what it needs

Ultimately it's going to come down to your mechanical ability and budget.

Unfortunately, that's the real bottom line. Don't ever forget that these projects take a dedicated amount of time, and most importantly, money.

Having the space, time, and ability to do the work yourself allows you many things, not the least of which is the personal satisfaction of hearing it come alive after all of your hard work; but also saves you 2k or more in labor costs.

This is basically why I want to learn on this car with the help of other people so I don't end up blowing a 3rd turbo on it. If I do get it running I plan on tuning it too if that would make any sense either. But one step at a time and it'll be a test on if this all comes natural to me and maybe I can make a living doing it. But that's another story lol

This is basically why I want to learn on this car with the help of other people so I don't end up blowing a 3rd turbo on it. If I do get it running I plan on tuning it too if that would make any sense either. But one step at a time and it'll be a test on if this all comes natural to me and maybe I can make a living doing it. But that's another story lol

You don't want to build LGTs for a living. You'll eventually hate it.

Sounds like you have already decided you're going to buy it. You shouldn't. It will be a big money out for you. I'm telling you this now so I can say I told you so later.

Do. Not. Buy. That. Car. If. You. Don't. Have. $5k. To. Put. Into. It. Tomorrow.

Sounds like you have already decided you're going to buy it. You shouldn't. It will be a big money out for you. I'm telling you this now so I can say I told you so later.

Do. Not. Buy. That. Car. If. You. Don't. Have. $5k. To. Put. Into. It. Tomorrow.

This is fair statement, and defintely should be taken into account.

If you know and are prepared to drop 5k into it to get it roadworthy, then by all means, pull the trigger.

Reasons not to buy that car:

1: currently sporting a blown turbo.

2: it's rusty. Probably not "new york" rusty, but nobody south of the mason-dixon would buy that with rust forming in the quarters.

3: it's done 180k miles.

4: sketchy account from current owner as to what happened and when and what was done to remedy it

5: it's a slushbox

6: it's priced very marginally for what it is and the shape it's in. If it really did "only need a new turbo" it would make more financial sense for the current owner to spend $1,500 on a new turbo and labor (high estimate) and sell it for $6k. I take "only needs ___" statements from mechanical muggles with a grain of salt.

Reasons to buy that car:

1: you live on an island in the middle of the Pacific and it's the only one for sale

2: the current owner is a hot chick promising road head during a test drive

3: you've got $3k burning a hole in your pocket and want a new lawn ornament.

Lmao every car in ny is like that....... or you guys don't want me to commit to the turbo world because I'm a noob and a majority of you guys are cocky about it

• Moderators

173k miles where there's no salt is one thing, 173k miles in NY is another thing. You'll hate learning on this car, trust me. You'll snap / strip bolts and nuts all over the car and it'll drive you bonkers, if not worse (towing it to a shop because you simply can't get access to a stuck fastener).

Nobody here is really being cocky--most of us just know our shit and try to keep folks from buying headaches. That said, most of the time it's like telling children that a stove is hot--folks just have to learn for themselves sometimes.

"Cocky" or not, we'll also still be here when you need free advice down the road. Unless you're a total asshat in which case people will just be dicks :p

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I understand. But where I live I have never seen a deal like this and even if it was in great shape (which very very few ny cars are) maybe I would pay the 3k. But also I don't want to be regretting it like I wanted this turbo 2.5i and regretted not getting it but it was also way out in price. But only had 70k and no rust at all. Hopefully I'll find something else :/ preferably a dark blue lgt with a spoilerhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/23/gu9a2uza.jpg

We're telling you not to buy the car because you're a noob, you're good at wasting money on performance upgrades on a 2.5i AND you're looking to buy a stupid purchase.

Find one running from CA/AZ/NV where there is no snow and drive it back.

Buying a car with 170k+ and a blown motor, pure stupidity.

That said, if you pay the gas I'll drive my stage 2, forged internals, new motor/turbo with tasteful upgrades and no rust to you and you part with $13K. 116k on the body.

Doesn't the fact you've "never seen a deal like this" tell you something?

Again, you sound like you've already made up your mind, so go of it. I'll be the first one to call you an idiot for asking for advice and then blatantly disregarding it.

Your question is: "Should I buy this?"

The answer is: "no, move on"

Sorry to piss in your chereos, but that is the answer to your question. Keep looking, you'll find something better.

Well gee thanks everyone for making me feel worse about my car with 130k full of rust forming everywhere. Plus I would plan on driving it in the winter

No I'm just jealous of other states with cars that have no rust and no state taxes getting so much better bang for your buck. But thank you all I really a 2800 is 1k more than I would pay for a reasonable car. Some of you would call that too much too

Archived