LegacyGT.com

Turn boost down temporarily

firehawk618

Hello, thanks for any input you are willing to give me.

I recently removed the cobb ap tune I had in my car as I am going to go open source. I am waiting for injectors to come but until then I may need to drive the car to work and back, depending on weather.

What I would like to do is turn my boost down to ~7psi to keep things safe until I can get the new injectors and a base tune going.

Mods are in my sig.

I have dumped my stock bin file. I was going to open romraider and change the following: Let me know if I am going about this wrong.

Target boost A and B. Go through and lower anything above 7. Change it to all be 7

This would limit my car to ~7psi under all circumstances wouldn't it?

Is there a better way to keep things very safe until I get my injectors / new tune?

I understand my turbo is pretty much like stock so it's not like I'm playing with grenades but still I would like to be safe.

Thanks in advance~!

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

That would not reduce boost as you think it would. There are a few tables that would need edited as well.

Best bet if your not sure about how to edit the tune is to loop the waste gate and turbo nipple so you will be mechanically limited to waste gate boost.

Hope that helps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

That would not reduce boost as you think it would. There are a few tables that would need edited as well.

Best bet if your not sure about how to edit the tune is to loop the waste gate and turbo nipple so you will be mechanically limited to waste gate boost.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Yes it does. Thanks.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived