LegacyGT.com

All but driver's window stopped working

Like it sounds... all of my windows, except the driver's window, have stopped working. I have no idea why. It's been hot and humid lately, but what gives? Neither the switch on the driver's door, nor any of the other individual switches work. But the driver's one does. I couldn't find a fuse at all anywhere - any suggestions? :spin:

Gotta ask the stupid questions first: Have you tried the window lockout button on the drivers' door by the switches?

That is a good stupid question.

OP, if that isn't your problem post back and I'll pull up a schematic to help.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

I've got the same problem and its driving me nuts! although on mine ALL the window switches don't work, the 4 bank on the drivers door or any of the other doors. Fuses are fine. I'm assuming its some sort of relay but I don't even know where to start :( oh, and its not my lockout switch either...

I think you need to find a body shop and have them take the door panel off and see what's up with the switch or wire to it.

I say body shop because they are cheaper then a dealership.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had this problem on a previous car, and I figured out that the contact point on the main driver side door module (switch board) looked burnt. The metal contact points on the inside were not connecting, since there was a layer of black soot on them. Using a flat head screwdriver I scraped some of the soot off and the switches started work again. It lasted for about a month and it happen again. Ended up buying a new master control switch, and didn't have an issue since.

I haven't had the need to do it to my LGT, but you can at least try to pop it out and dissassemble it. If there are screws on the back of the module, unscrew them and look for the metal contact points under each switch. Just remember where every little parts go.

My wife's balls are delicious.

It's ok OP. I once had a subaru owner bring me their car because the battery would constantly go dead and their parking lights were stuck on........

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Since its affecting all the door and not just the driver door I wouldn't think it would be any sort of issue with switching in that door itself right? I mean if its was a bad lock out switch then the driver window would still work and if it was a bad switch on the drivers door 4 bank switches then the other three switches on each of the other doors would still work right?

Ssbtech- that's a good question. I checked this yesterday. Since I don't drive the car as much as I used to I can't even remember if those 4 bank switches on the door are lighted or not. But to answer you question, when I turned on my head lights they did NOT light up. There is some sort of power getting to the door as he white courtesy light does work. Thoughts? Thanks for any help you can offer :)

Archived