LegacyGT.com

Stock '05 LGT Restrictor Pill Help!!

Brickle

Got my car for a great deal from a friend of mine. He got it for an even better deal because the guy that sold him the car thought he blew the engine. My buddy picked up a used, with less than 1k miles, VF40 and slapped it in, and the car runs fine.

The only mod I have done so far is a COBB Catless UP. I remembered my friend telling me he remembered something blocking the vacuum line coming off of the turbo, (the one that looks like a T), so he removed it and replaced the line. After doing some research, I found that he removed the freaking RESTRICTOR PILL, and as well as having a boost leak from a bad inlet hose (being replaced tomorrow), I'm probably screwing up my car not having the pill in there. I don't drive it hard because of the boost leak, but it can't be good for my car to not have that restrictor pill in there.

I live right down the road from PIA in Puyallup, a great Subie shop. I called to see if they sold the stock restrictor pills for the 05 LGT, but they only seem to carry the ones for a WRX of the same year. I saw on mickeyd2005's thread that the 05 LGT pill and the 05 WRX pill are slightly different size. I was wondering if I could get away with using the slightly smaller WRX pill on my stock LGT without a tune or anything major needing to be done to the car?

Thanks

P.S. I need to get one ASAP so I can put it in tomorrow when my inlet hose is disconnected. I'd like to get it all fixed up as quickly as possible.

You will need a tune for the smaller pill. Keep it out of to much boost untill it's tuned.

My tuuner put a small wire splice in my hose so it's even smalled opening. But he knows what he's doing. Been at 21psi for many years now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived