LegacyGT.com

So your a noob? Read this. General LGT info and go faster info

Even if you can't force the mindless masses to read certain info I appreciate folks like BmB putting this info up. I've been "researching" this forum for a couple years before starting my build and everyone's contributions have helped greatly in my decision making process.

I would also like to add this site has a lot of opinion mixed with fact and it can be hard to sift through it all when you're new. Don't hate people for asking questions. Whether its a book, internet, trusted mechanic friend, all research begins with a question.

And at the same time you can only answer the same stupid questions so many times...

What intake gives the most hp?

Do I reall need a tune with a new turbo?

I love Subarus and I love this site.

I too think it should be stickied. While you can see every noob that posts a stupid or repeated question, you don't see all the people who read a post and learned from it and didn't reply.

Even though I've been reading this site for a few years and on my second LGT, I found the first suggestion in the OP very helpful. I always thought the search function here gave too many non-pertinent results but never thought of using google's site search function.

I recently replaced my turbo, PCV, and installed a Perrin inlet and would like to thank all for their useful posts.

BTW the PCV install is cake with the turbo out.

• Moderators
I've used Mobil1 oil since I got my car and it's been perfect...currently at 85k miles. That sentence about oil was a bit biased.

Wait, nevermind. The post says 5w-30 to stay away from. I agree :lol:

No bias here. That said, run whatever oil you'd like. I'm speaking from experience--both my own and many others. Without a doubt, mobil1 5w-30 is anecdotally shitty for these cars (i know, "without a doubt" and anecdotal evidence don't really go together--don't care). Also without a doubt, rotella t6 5w-40 is great for these cars and readily available :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived