LegacyGT.com

2.5i intake manifold on GT.

Cody480

I've read the flow rate is better for these and power is attainable. But i cannot find how to make it fit or work or even if there is any difference in bolt pattern. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Maybe a link. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

-Throttle body is in entirely the wrong place for a TMIC. Might could get away with it if you were running a FMIC.

-Crankcase vent system is totally different as the 2.5i does not have to worry about it getting pressurized.

-Intake gasket is a different part no. Doesn't mean it won't work, just that it's a different #. Might be able to run the GT TGV's if they'll bolt up to the 2.5i manifold (dunno).

Could it be made to work? Probably. How good are you at fabricating stuff?

I am fmic currently so that is no issue.

Never truly thought about the crankcase venting that could be an issue.

Looking at pictures the bolt pattern doesn't seem to line up and looks like the FI holes are in the Mani itself.

I can fabricate pretty well, but i read something about it switching straight over but i knew better. Guess im just looking for better cheaper options than an aftermarket. Hmm

I intend to run to 450-500 at most. I just bought another motor so im just looking to expand my options as i now have something that i can test stuff out with. I might just run to a junk yard if i can find one and see if its possible. I would assume that completely deleting the tgvs would work, if your rotated mount. Though that would leave only an option for side feed inj which im not a huge fan of.

Archived