LegacyGT.com

Plasti-dip fun today

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much better! Those look pretty fresh! I can't wait to dip mine, probably gonna do that next week when the weather is nice.:rolleyes:

Excited to see how yours will turn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the dip tint for tails and I didnt like it. It was too matte of a finish and just looked dirty.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That's what I'm afraid of for mine, I want a nice gloss finish that doesn't look dirty and isn't too dark, just a light smoke tint.

That's what I'm afraid of for mine, I want a nice gloss finish that doesn't look dirty and isn't too dark, just a light smoke tint.

If you do a single light coat of black dip and then 4-5 coats of glossifer you'll get the look you're looking for. Plasti Dip is such a wonderful product for the car enthusiast world.... especially when on a budget and it's very forgiving. :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/y7unureh.jpg I tested it out on an old set of s10 tails I had laying around. left is no tint then the right is 1 coat of black with I believe 5 coats of glass. they turned out really nice. and it peeled right off.

It's not that it's terrible, but, it doesn't look that great. I wouldn't want it on my car. Can you buff it smooth so that it looks like an actual smoke job, ala nightshades, or will it always be orange-peely?

well, it might not look perfect and smooth, but when the red and blue lights are behind you, it might save you from getting a ticket because it'll peel off. and then if that ever happens, you can just redo them the next day. maybe it's just me, but id rather be able to save a couple hundred dollars by not having something look exactly "perfect"

It took me so long to do because my crazy old neighbor and his buddy walked by when I started and talked to me for HOURS about guns, cars, and how much they think Obama and Democrats are the devil. Hahaha I didn't want to be a rude neighbor so I just rolled with it.

Oh yeah, it was great to hear all the right wing propaganda from a very 'Murica type of guy lol his friend just loved my subie, and talked about how he likes the white pearl and loves subarus even though he is an american muscle guy and he has an 02 outback with only 30k miles on it lol

Archived