LegacyGT.com

Plasti-dip fun today

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, check out the Rota G-force, and the Sparco Assetto Gara. I'm wanting to get the Sparcos myself.

I really like the sparcos, I like the rotas but I always read horror stories of them braking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

has anyone used plastidip to do eyelids on the headlights? I'm considering giving it a shot just to see if I like it. also gonna do my taillights with one coat of black then like 5 or 6 coats of glossifier. personally I think it looks better than the smoke

That's my plan, though by the time I get wheels it might be time for tires as well so I could go 18's possibly, it's just more expensive.

Sounds like it would work, I don't see why not. Do you have any pictures of your tails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice OBXT! I like that color! You only did 4 coats, Is it fading from the weather? Did you pull the wheels off, or leave them on when you dipped em?

I thought about dipping my lights, but it just seems like a bad idea haha

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/y7unureh.jpg I tested it out on an old set of s10 tails I had laying around. left is no tint then the right is 1 coat of black with I believe 5 coats of glass. they turned out really nice. and it peeled right off.

Nice OBXT! I like that color! You only did 4 coats, Is it fading from the weather? Did you pull the wheels off, or leave them on when you dipped em?

I thought about dipping my lights, but it just seems like a bad idea haha

Thanks! I used 3 bottles and tried to put it on pretty thick. Only had them that way for about two weeks.

Pulled them off, tire shined, and sprayed with the dip.

I did take my car to the track last weekend and they have some small wounds from that.

Yeah that's to be expected, its only going to be temporary for me anyway so it won't bother me if they get a little roughed up.

I want to do my lights! lol I think I'm just going to man-up and do it. Did you use the plasti-dip glass or would it work with any type of clear protectant as long as the dip is the first layers?

Archived