LegacyGT.com

06 to 08 LGT Conversion

Ive searched everywhere to no avail.

Does anyone know if you can do a a front bumper swap from a 06 LGT to a 08 LGT bumber?

Is it a straight swap or will there need to be modifications do the mounting spots?

Thanks

No the fenders, hood, grill, etc are different. So i'm saying the bumper won't fit.

I have one of each, they are different.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well, clips can be expensive. See if you can find a "JDM Conversion" kit, with the fenders and bumper and lights. They're a lot less expensive, as well as being easier, AND cheaper to ship.

A good amount of importers are in the state of California, and i note youre here in New England. I had a friend that just got a front clip from Cali and shipping was something like 800 bucks, although this clip was sans the engine.

Still changing out the whole front end to look like a 08-09...IMO, your money is better spent somewhere else.

I guess you have a new turbo and a up/dp and a good tune.

Wheels and tires, may be a winter set of wheels & tires.

I see you new here, 12 post. Trust me, there are better places for your cash.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Im protuned stage 2 from kaizen in mass with all supportibg mids for stage 3 but want reliably of stage 2 I do need coils and wheels though so I might get some first before changing the body

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, here in NE, its all about getting the car ready for winter. Not a good time for the car to break down.

Ive searched everywhere to no avail.

Does anyone know if you can do a a front bumper swap from a 06 LGT to a 08 LGT bumber?

Is it a straight swap or will there need to be modifications do the mounting spots?

Thanks

I mean, anything is possible, but why would you wanna do this in the first place?

Well, clips can be expensive. See if you can find a "JDM Conversion" kit, with the fenders and bumper and lights. They're a lot less expensive, as well as being easier, AND cheaper to ship.

A good amount of importers are in the state of California, and i note youre here in New England. I had a friend that just got a front clip from Cali and shipping was something like 800 bucks, although this clip was sans the engine.

These are not RSTIs and Imprezas; The "front clips" and JDM bits are not cheaper or easier, or anything less than expensive and horrific to even obtain.

There are two types of people on these boards, who have aesthetic mods: Those who have already spent the money on their engine build/rebuild, and those who have no idea that it's coming.

So if you had $2k to spend, would you buy a fancy bumper, or a new shortblock in preparation for the When, not If, your stocker/current motor goes? Which do you think is the smarter choice?

I know the difference I wanted to know if the 08 had different mounting points on the panels or is it them same mounting points

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Subaru did this with the first gen and with the fourth gen Legacies -- A mid model "facelift". In fact, the 05-07 and 08-09 Facelifts are very visually similar in terms of heads and tails.

The frame mounting points, both front and rear, for the fenders, hoods, and bumpers are all identical; you can change around from pre to post facelift with the correct hood, fenders, and bumpers. (and lights, and grille, etc)

Archived