LegacyGT.com

Electrical issues.

So I was just driving and my nav and my deck went out in my 2006 spec B. The red back lighting still works and I can eject and load the discs but no music. My climate controls also aren't working.. No display on the climate controls or cd display, except when I remove a disc I can see the words (load disc etc) I'm not sure what it can be I'm going to check all the wiring for lose plugs in the morning. Anything else I can check?

I've personally never had this problem but I have read other threads on here with people describing the exact same problem.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

How old is the battery, these cars act funny when the battery terminals are dirty giving out a weak signal. Seems the HVAC and Radio start to do funny things.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How old is the battery, these cars act funny when the battery terminals are dirty giving out a weak signal. Seems the HVAC and Radio start to do funny things.

I'm not sure I need to check it because messing with the wires today didn't work at all.

As mention by max. & some other things to check;

-Battery strength & terminals

-Ground cable (1 on coming from ea, head to frame rail & 1 more from tranny to pitch mount on fire wall.

-fuses

-wire harnesses

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

If grounding is suspect a fairly easy test is just run a small jumper wire from the - term on the battery directly to the radio chassis and hold it on there.

If all works properly when the radio is manually grounded then I'd say save your effort and look elsewhere for the issue.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Good, but why did the fuse blow ?

Yeah, they don't just blow at random.

If you notice on the door there is a map of what each fuse does. Can you read the map ?

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

thats the service manual.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I would think you need to have the wireing checked to make sure its in good shape. Something caused the fuse to blow.

May be a radio install shop can test the system for you. We have Long Radio, Jo Dee's, etc, there are lots of places.

Or you could of just had a weak fuse....better to make sure and not have a bad wire cause more damage...have you ever seen a car catch on fire...

I would think you need to have the wireing checked to make sure its in good shape. Something caused the fuse to blow.

May be a radio install shop can test the system for you. We have Long Radio, Jo Dee's, etc, there are lots of places.

Or you could of just had a weak fuse....better to make sure and not have a bad wire cause more damage...have you ever seen a car catch on fire...

Yeh for sure. Will do

Is it the same fuse, that powers your cig. lighter. My ex-girlfriends 05 WRX cig. lighter locking nut came loose. Every time she pushed or pulled the cell charger out. She would pop a fuse.

Other then that, need to dive in to the wire harness & look for shorts.

Best of luck, getting it all straighten out.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived