LegacyGT.com

Hypothetically Speaking...

Money has never been a problem....My parents were children of the depression and they never learned ..How to Spend ..always fearful... so along with my employment.. as a building engineer for 32 years in the wall street area..Local #94,i am on a solid financial base and that was why I was originally attracted to the B....It was understated yet potent.To this day it's a combination I look for.The STI's almost says .."Look at Me",that's the dilemma and why the Teutons seem to capture that niche in the marketplace.I again thank you all in allowing me to indulge on a forum so problem focused with a post like this.

Money has never been a problem....My parents were children of the depression and they never learned ..How to Spend ..always fearful... so along with my employment.. as a building engineer for 32 years in the wall street area..Local #94,i am on a solid financial base and that was why I was originally attracted to the B....It was understated yet potent.To this day it's a combination I look for.The STI's almost says .."Look at Me",that's the dilemma and why the Teutons seem to capture that niche in the marketplace.I again thank you all in allowing me to indulge on a forum so problem focused with a post like this.

You're an engineer and you don't have a Saab? (TG Reference)

My grands are depression-era, as well as their siblings. The amount of money my mother and I manage for them is staggering, and it's been with them for decades longer than I've been alive. I'm sure a lesser man in my shoes would be very much tempted to take advantage, but I digress.

It is quite possible to buy a newer STi that doesn't look like a teenaged boy with his hat turnt backwards. The Aspen White can be rather stately without being too aggressive. That said -- Like any new edition of STi, they are like tampons; anything that bleeds has to have one. Which means that some twat with more money than brains or ability will wrap one around a tree within the first few months and the engine and trans will be up for auction along with the pieces of the car. Should you decide to amass the parts, you can invest more into your B and have a shop do the conversion for you. Again, this is assuming money isn't an issue, but I'm sure you understand that any performance car is a money pit, and upgrading cars such as ours, does not yield any ROI.

YMMV.

We don't all remain "problem-focused" here -- quite a few of us have running cars that we just want to improve their power and/or handling. Things like STi-Swaps aren't exactly problems, though, they are commonly referred to as First World(AKA, White People) Problems.

Touché ,,it's good to be white & Problemed..

Watched an old Top Gear this very evening pitting a new Jaguar ..totally built for speed ,can't recall the model VS. a Nissan GTR a simply amazing car...results were known before hand and the Nissan destroyed the jaguar....

By the way..do you know the difference between a jaguar and a JAG U ARE ,,when you own one it's the latter,,hope you didn't hear that one before..

Anyway ,checked out the new GTR starts about $100 K ,,,,,and you guessed it.....automatic transmission.My god,,

I'm starting to believe ill take your advice and reinvigorate that old,,but youngin I got.

Yes,I was a local #94 operating engineer totally in charge of a 41 story office building,,with a highly prized indoor 3 level garage,,,AIG or American Insurance Group right across the street at 70 Pine wanted to buy my building....Why? Because their 70 story depression era built building did Not have a garage and the executives coming down from Fairfield Conneticut had to park in a lot and then,,,,,god forbid walk to work....

I felt their pain as I saw them walk the 3/4 block...

One last thing....Hurricaine Sandy's effect on lower manhattan was devastating most office buildings had electrical rooms in the basement as well as machine rooms and were totally flooded,,I'm talking hundreds & hundreds of million $'s in damage,,maybe billions,,one of the buildings in my company 110 Wall was a total write off...epic storm this was and shows how vulnerable coastline property is..

To reinforce MrTris's STi comment, you could buy the STi and swap out the trunk lid with a WRX ricer who justs wants the wing. The wingless STi is less likey to get the attention of the Police, Ricer's, and fanboys, and you'll still have all of the performance you want.

One thing to note, I have noticed that driving an LGT, no one nudges me on the interstate, and no one stares at my car, as they did with my loud exhausted 2000 OBS. I had my Black LGT parked next to my buddy's WRB WRX and far more people stared at his car and just plain ignored mine.

You seem like you have a good car at the moment, the question is how much do you want to dump into it (time, money, and possible downtime/reliability) to get it to the same level as the STi? If I had the money, I would buy the STi, but I'm just an Accountant in New England with enough college debt to pay for a small house :lol:.

Well now..since given almost carte Blanche and to achieve that mystical 500 ,,I'll just say this..recently I wrote on Facebook concerning Student Loans and it's recent developments in congress where in where our all knowing congress voted down a proposal for a .75% rate on student loans keeping it at the obscene 10% or so.

In addition,you can borrow hundreds of thousands lose it in a business venture declare bankruptcy and in some time ..all forgiven you will eventually operate on a clean slate.Not so with student loans,the only loan that will follow you to your grave..no forgiveness no reduction no chance of removing it.Im in your corner on this one.

To cars,thanks for the input concerning the STI,,I'm quite content I guess with the B....it just maybe I Got That"Seven Year Itch"that can't be scratched,,I bought the car new in 2007 off the showroom floor and sometimes you yearn for something different just for the hell of it and if you make a bad decision in making a change..simply for Change Sake you wind up the lesser and realize what you had was a keeper.

Sounds like what you need is an AP, stat!

Load the stage one map and I can almost promise that you'll yearn for more power. At the very least, I think you'll find it interesting to play with and see your car's realtime data, but it's also the foundation for any mode power you'll want later -

You can find a used v2 for about $350, or you can buy new for $600- in sure you've shopped your options, no?

In the words of Jay-Z: What the hell are you waiting for?

I think part of the issue, especially in this country, is the fact that very few people drive manual transmissions anymore. I think the figure was something like 23% of US drivers drive a stick everyday, but in Europe that number is more like 65%.

I seem to recall a time when, a Manual Transmission was standard equipment when buying (most) cars, but these days its been reversed and Automatics are standard with the manual being an option.

As for your Leggy, 26k, and a Spec B? id say 18k is decent.

As for your Leggy, 26k, and a Spec B? id say 18k is decent.

No. 18k is an insult, especially for the low miles. He could list it at 25k and sell it for 22-23k within a week. Why take less when similar cars with higher numbers (and mileage) are going for 23k or more?

Yeah but who is going to spend $22-$25 on an 8 year non collectible, not rare, unknown, used sedan, prone to engine failure, shitty on fuel and maintenance cost :lol: when they could buy a late model used or new?

Legacys aren't special cars, they are only special to a select few who think that X of 500 will actually mean something one day :lol: He could list it for the $20K's only a fool would pay him that much for it :)

If a buyer wanted a LGT and wasn't partial to the 05-07 they could get a 10-12 LGT with a decent amount of warranty left for less.

Yeah but who is going to spend $22-$25 on an 8 year non collectible, not rare, unknown, used sedan, prone to engine failure, shitty on fuel and maintenance cost :lol: when they could buy a late model used or new?

Legacys aren't special cars, they are only special to a select few who think that X of 500 will actually mean something one day :lol: He could list it for the $20K's only a fool would pay him that much for it :)

If a buyer wanted a LGT and wasn't partial to the 05-07 they could get a 10-12 LGT with a decent amount of warranty left for less.

Of the 2000 5th gens that were even made, there are less than five for sale in the nation at any given moment. Good luck with that.

Legacies aren't special cars, you're right. But only we know that because we own and drive them. WE know all the bullshit that must be gone through in order to drive them happily. To any prospective buyer, these are turbocharged, ultra bulletproof, pussy magnet street machines. The ad always reads, " . . has STi motor. . turbo. . x of only 500 made. . . This car didn't even appear on the Westcoast. . " All bullshit lines that help justify the supposed rarity of the car. We all know the difference, but someone on the outside doesn't, and they pay the nearly 10k more for the same car -

Archived