LegacyGT.com

2008 lgt 87000

Jakekola

Hey guys, I went to a dealership today in search for a wrx, but the one I was looking at had a bad engine so I went "nope" to that. However they did have a nice 2008 LGT OBP w/Navigation and 87,000 miles.

The car was really clean in and out (except for the front bumper which is being replaced. The clear coat was peeling).

The manager told me his final price was $14,925 which includes tax and all fees, even registration.

My concern is that the miles are a little high. I don't know maybe I'm worrying too much about the mileage. Let me know if this is a good deal or not and what to look out for with this high mileage. Thanks!

Ask for a carfax.

Has the turbo ever been replaced ?

See if they throw in the lastest update to the NAV. its expensive. My Tom Tom has free lifetime updates, don't be thrilled with the OEM nav.

google the car and see what others are asking, price wise.

It will need a timing belt kit at 106,000 miles, that's a $1000 job.

If your close to Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com see if you can have his guy's check the car out before you spend 15,000

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

At that mileage its nearing the 90K service so plan to do that and make sure the clutch isnt about to crap out both services with parts will be around $1600. Check for a ripped turbo inlet, another $120 part part 2 hours install at most shops.

If carfax is intact that a plus but you must lay hands on the car to be sure there have been a wave of duds showing up on these forums lately would hate to see you end up as one of them.

If you are looking for a WRX you arent in much better territory they get thrashes and tossed more so than the LGT ( it gets neglected and tossed :lol:) With either model compression test is a quick way to weed out grenades ;)

At that mileage its nearing the 90K service so plan to do that and make sure the clutch isnt about to crap out both services with parts will be around $1600. Check for a ripped turbo inlet, another $120 part part 2 hours install at most shops.

If carfax is intact that a plus but you must lay hands on the car to be sure there have been a wave of duds showing up on these forums lately would hate to see you end up as one of them.

If you are looking for a WRX you arent in much better territory they get thrashes and tossed more so than the LGT ( it gets neglected and tossed :lol:) With either model compression test is a quick way to weed out grenades ;)

This.

All new buyers should get a compression test before they sign their lives away on any LGT!

+1 on compression and leakdown test. Get a proper pre purchase inspection done. Trust me, it is better to spend the 100-200 for the test and inspection than to buy it and be stuck with a ticking time bomb. The last thing you want is the epic facepalm when something goes wrong.

Archived