LegacyGT.com

Ensuing Upgrades: Question and Answer Thread!

• Moderators
I'm just trying to go down the list of things we all should do from time to time to keep these cars running well.

Yes, and I absolutely appreciate that! What about the oil crossover pipe or whatever that is? Might be too late for me to snag one of those...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Car is rust free and never saw salt until this winter, and what it saw this winter seems to have had no real effect. I know you're jealous ;)

I thought your car never saw salt...LOL

Take a good look at it, it if feels solid, paint it after you cleaned it. ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators

Alright, so I'm a bit stuck at the inlet. The turbo seems to be sort of hiding behind my TGVs. Headers are bolted in and turbo is loosely attached the up pipe, so I don't think I can really rotate things at all to make the turbo point more towards the driver's side of the car like I think it should.

Any ideas? Tips? Thoughts?

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/E0C43B7D-8432-438F-AA42-3C36F5D09260-31550-00002BC8B7A4A568_zps2d787f68.jpg

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/AA50DFB7-67B0-4690-B61F-3B6A04C48978-31550-00002BC8B28FB1EF_zps6c7c1a16.jpg

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

That's just kind of where the turbo inlet lines up. The OEM (and a couple of aftermarket) turbo inlet hoses have a little jog in them to get past the passenger side TGV and then slip onto the turbo inlet. Others, like the Perrin, do not have that jog but are so flexible that they can bend and sent in slightly to fit around everything. It is definitely easier to put on the turbo inlet hose and PCV valve assembly while the intake manifold is still off like you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived