LegacyGT.com

Need some help with Head and Fog Lights

Need some help with Head and Fog Lights

Its 2008 Legacy Sedan with Manual Transmission. Let me just say that this 08 Subie Legacy is my wife’s car. Even though I like to borrow it so I can get speeding tickets. One low beam bulb burned out and I replaced it with another H7 (that’s what a dealer said it was). Now they are different color driver side and passenger side. The new one DS is white and passenger side is yellowish. NOW the fog light burned out (obviously when I took a car out). Cant replace it because I cant get to the bottom of what kind of bulb does it USE? Dealer tells me its 9006, AutoZone tells me its H11 another website tells me its H3. Please help me out? I want to replace Head lights and fog lights so they match. I don’t understand why it’s so difficult, even owner’s manuals has something else for fog lights.

Head Lights use H7s

Fog Lights use ??? H3????

Go to the NAPA or any auto parts store and tell them you need a fog light for the car. I have one sitting on the seat of my wagon for 2 weeks now, just need time to install it.

Someone may have changed the head light out before you got he car. I do believe low beams are H7 I just did one of them too.

We recommend you use Osram bulbs. I'll get the link.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/daniel-stern-lighting-and-subaru-headlight-options-45991.html

Hint. get 2 fog lights. My other burned out a few months back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Stop being cheap. I always replace headlamps in pairs when one blows. Then I toss the old working bulb in the trunk for the spare. I have the same car but by the time I look at the old OEM fog light fixtures, which I replaced, and get back to you I'm sure you'll have your answer already. I replaced them because the lenses were broken but curiously the bulbs didn't blow.

Low beam = H7; High beam = 9005; Fog light = 9006 (manual might say H3, but it's 9006).

Replace burnt bulbs in pairs to avoid mismatched bulb temps/output. There's a few threads on how to replace fog light bulbs. You can put your car on ramps and work from underneath the car; others advocate taking off the front bumper.

Archived