LegacyGT.com

What Did You Stuff in Your Legacy Today?

Was loading up to go camping this afternoon and this little guy was afraid that he was gonna be left behind, so he hopped on in. Also trunk easily swallowed a large cooler, a couple guitars, duffel bags, fishing gear and a few other things with room to spare

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/03/ymanu7un.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^ nice. Now just add six people and you can meet the picture challenge.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

^^ Thats how my wife got a puddle of tri-tip juice under the back seat of her BMW. After about a month we were wondering what was up with that horrid smell. Our friend is a BMW tech so we had him take it to work one day. He took the back seat out and ran outside and puked in the parking lot. The other techs banished the car to the farthest reaches of the service yard until it smelled no longer. The entire interior was removed, seats and carpet replaced, as well as various wiring harnesses that had shorted. Took a month and cost $14000. Luckily insurance covered it. A word of advice, be extremely careful transporting food. ;)

^^^ $14,000 or $1,400?

Edit: NVM...if it took a month it probably was $14,000

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

^^^ Just a floor mat costs $1400 on a BMW. :lol:

So true with transporting food it's either on the floor in a carrier sitting on towels or locked up tight in a sealed plastic container.

^^ Thats how my wife got a puddle of tri-tip juice under the back seat of her BMW. After about a month we were wondering what was up with that horrid smell. Our friend is a BMW tech so we had him take it to work one day. He took the back seat out and ran outside and puked in the parking lot. The other techs banished the car to the farthest reaches of the service yard until it smelled no longer. The entire interior was removed, seats and carpet replaced, as well as various wiring harnesses that had shorted. Took a month and cost $14000. Luckily insurance covered it. A word of advice, be extremely careful transporting food. ;)

Thanks for the tip and ouch on the BMW. I did end up spilling adobo juice on the front passenger floor but weathertech. I looked inside the tray saw how much juice was still in it and couldn't understand why someone wouldn't put the food in something more car friendly. Come to find out is was one of my in-laws. What ended up happening is all the soupy food went on the floor or in another car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

If any of you are wondering if a 10' long something will fit inside :rolleyes: it will but just. Needed 6-10' 1.25 PVC conduits and really didn't want to go get the van soooo wrapped the ends in a towel and had them on the dash board and had maybe 6" to spare on a diagonal in the trunk.

No pic's we had that monsoon rain yesterday so it was grab your ten footer and run.

• 2 weeks later...

loaded and waiting...

...and waiting....

20140823_153824.thumb.jpg.c963ef736c851a20e49f4dd8d1d405a9.jpg

20140823_153834.thumb.jpg.7ad0e5ca206c600f4b6e3b8a20a26781.jpg

thats a nice jack! what kind is that and how much did u get it for?

It looks like the rapid pump from Harbor Freight. But I could be wrong.

I dare not say because I didn't order the one suggested to me. I was impatient.

However, you are correct. It is an aluminum 2-ton jack from harbor freight. I also picked up a set of aluminum 3-ton jack stands. This was maybe a month or so ago.

I used it today to swap wheels. I realized I need a cordless impact wrench...if such a thing exists.

That rayobi would be perfect.

As long as you already have ryobi batteries :D unfortunately for me the one cordless battery removable device I have I think is Dewalt and the battery doesn't hold a charge for $hi7 and even after 7 days of charging is discharged after about two screws. So I won't be going with the Dewalt version.

I'm partial to Makita's myself. that 18 volt Li ion compact with the box charger and battery seems like a good deal at 180. never had an impact from them but had a regular 14V(maybe) drill from them from when i was a wee lad till i was about 20 when it got replaced by 2 Black and Decker that i hate and can't fit in a god damn place.

I have the Rayobi set of Drill, Sawzall, Skill Saw, and I bought a stubby Chain Saw and a Leaf Blower. They are all Rayobi 1, so I have a handful of batteries and chargeers at hand.

I take it that you like them than.

I've had my share of Makita's as well and the batteries never seemed to last long for them either. Even when they started producing the larger batteries they died to quick. nothing so bad as my Dewalt though. POS :(

I take it that you like them than.

I've had my share of Makita's as well and the batteries never seemed to last long for them either. Even when they started producing the larger batteries they died to quick. nothing so bad as my Dewalt though. POS :(

They were nice and shiny, and $99 for the drill, sawzall and skill saw.

Archived