LegacyGT.com

Down pipe question

Ok so I was wondering what exactly the difference between the 5eat dp and the mt dp is pics of them to me look the same can someone explain to me a little better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there some way to bend the pipe enof to fit the mt at all I'm asking because I can get my hands on a Perrin dp for free and would love to just be able to hear and bend a lil bit to make it fit

Is there some way to bend the pipe enof to fit the mt at all I'm asking because I can get my hands on a Perrin dp for free and would love to just be able to hear and bend a lil bit to make it fit

lolwut?

If you can't hear, they make cochlear implants these days. Forget the DP and save your ducats for being able to hear the sound of your mother's voice for the first time.

Oh, wait. You meant you just wanted to hear "dat subbie rumbel tho"?

You want to bend the MT Perrin DP to fit your AT, correct?

Tell you what - I'll analogise this for you so that it's easy to understand:

Go stand in front of the potty. It can be a stand-up potty, or a sit-down potty. Pull your peepee out of your pants, and grip it like you normally would. While mid-stream, use your thumb to press down on the center of your shaft to create a U bend. Notice how the flow changes? This is similar to making an extra bend to clear a larger transmission, such as the 5EAT.

While you're wiping the piss off your face, think about how that relates to bending a DP -- The flow changes from what it was meant to be. When you bend it, it doesn't work right. And when it doesn't work right, you get piss all over your face.

Don't piss all over your own face. Buy a DP that's meant for your car.

Fluid flows wouldn't be that great an issue, unless you're chucking some full on 90deg bends into the pipe...

But MrTris is right, way too difficult, just get the correct DP. If you can get the MT DP for free - sell it. Use that money to buy the AT DP.

For one the cost in the bends needed + welding sections of pipe in due to the shortened length + welding new brackets will far outweigh the difference between the new DP - sold DP.

:lol:

Tris, You should write directTV commercials.

My coworkers think I'm a nut because I actually talk like this at the office.

I should write alot of commercials. But, I'd lose all my money in FCC fines. :(

I believe you can put a DP for a 5eat on a 5mt car, but not the other way around.

I think the support bracket is different too. But that doesn't matter, mind has not been bolted for years.

I also have a grimmspeed 3" 2X thick gasket for the dp to stock mid pipe, seals better than the stock donut.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived