LegacyGT.com

Wicked Big Meet 2014 Cruise

JermTheElf

Just got an email about a Wicked Big Track Day at Thompson Speedway August 24th... who all is going?! Seems like it should be a good time, and at $295 for 4 x 20min track sessions, a reasonable expense. Need to check my schedule (aka ask my girl if I'm on the hook for anything that day), but otherwise think I'm gonna go for it! Who's with me?! Should we start a new thread for this?

Just got an email about a Wicked Big Track Day at Thompson Speedway August 24th... who all is going?! Seems like it should be a good time, and at $295 for 4 x 20min track sessions, a reasonable expense. Need to check my schedule (aka ask my girl if I'm on the hook for anything that day), but otherwise think I'm gonna go for it! Who's with me?! Should we start a new thread for this?

My buddy is definitely going with his '14 wrx. i will be there if i can save up the money. i may spend it on the car instead. does anyone know where they will post the autocross times? I'm dying to know how i did.... not that i think its well hahaha.

Just bought my ticket for the HPDE at Wicked Big Track Day... first time for the boat on a track... can't wait to see what she can do! Would love to see some other LGTs there... c'mon fellas, get involved! Maybe Ian will even have a working car by then?!

What kind of course is it? What top speed is it looking like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said it will be on the road course, which from their website looks like a 1.5 or 1.7 mile course with a reasonably long (maybe ~1/2mile) straightaway... should be well over 100mph on the straight, and the course also runs through their banked oval track, so should be some high speed cornering as well.

Check it out:

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/track-layouts

My wife, who bought the WBM tickets from last year, got this email earlier this week and forwarded it to me. I definitely don't have the funds to hit the track, nor do I have them to buy anything from the vendors. But I missed the meeting up and caravan down. So, I'm contemplating if I want to go to WBM2.

From what I've been told, most of the track can be done around highway speeds. Much more on that straight that leads into a tight corner. Make sure your brakes are in good condition. This is all 2nd and 3rd hand info so YMMV.

Ooof. Poor college student pushing his DD on a road course? Frightening.

I will likely be pushing my de round that thar track. Tho Iay just go and spend some money on vendors instead

Archived