LegacyGT.com

My 5EAT shifts with authority.

LightFantastic

Too much authority. I do not understand how the 5EAT operates mechanically, so here is my explanation.

Imagine it takes a certain amount of pressure to shift gears in the 5EAT. Well my Subaru is using WAY too much pressure to shift gears, even when I'm driving 10 mph out of my cul de sac.

Another thing. Using the triptronic. Can anyone else NOT shift into 3rd gear without the transmission slamming into gear? It'll do this, and then my dash shakes, lol. Every other gear is fine, except 3rd. Regardless of my speed and/or RPM, it'll shift hard into 3rd. The only time it doesn't is when I let off the gas. I shouldn't have to do this. There is no clutch.

Vehicle has 135k and is relatively stock. It's been doing the same thing since I purchased the vehicle at 75k. I just figured my transmission was worn out, but after searching here and seeing how many miles you guys put on your Subaru's AND the amount of power you're making with them, there's no reason mine should be trashed this early, especially at my power levels. And I baby it around.

Only reason I bring this up is because I just had an ATF and differential flush.

Before I swap packs, is there anything I can do electronically as a last resort?

THanks.

Frank_ster and ClimberD are the Admirals of the 5EAT but maybe try a TCU reset and relearn. Did the problem get any better or worse after the flush and fill? That is typically a bad idea on these transmissions as the power flush will stir up the particulate in the pan and it can get lodges elsewhere. Typically a series of small flushes is recommended. What color was the fluid when it came out?

Archived