LegacyGT.com

Intake issues

Hello this is my first post. Before i posted up on iclub i figured id ask all the guys that know the legacy. I would like to put in either a cai or short ram intake system to my 2008 na legacy. I have fitted the cobb sf filter and the mafs part on to my stock air system. I removed my stock air box but left the front portion to route some cold air into the filter. I wanted to get rid of the crappy stock piping and the silencer box. I have been told to build a sort of custom intake but id like to know has anyone else done this? Also will any other intakes from other cars fit? Hope i didn't do anything wrong, again if i did this is my first post so i apologize. Thanks for reading!

I swear this is discussed every other day..

Use stock intake. It flows more than enough for the engine. Aftermarket intakes will cause it to run worse = less power. You could get a tune for it with the new intake but it still won't give you any gains.

There isn't much you can do to the NA cars for power without spending big bucks, trust me I know..

Getting a tune helps the most.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

I wanted to get rid of the crappy stock piping and the silencer box.

There's nothing crappy about the OEM piping or silencer. Subaru paid intelligent R&D engineers big money to design it, and it is a cold air intake already. You will not find enough power in that NA Legacy to outflow the OEM intake.

Hello this is my first post. Before i posted up on iclub i figured id ask all the guys that know the legacy. I would like to put in either a cai or short ram intake system to my 2008 na legacy. I have fitted the cobb sf filter and the mafs part on to my stock air system. I removed my stock air box but left the front portion to route some cold air into the filter. I wanted to get rid of the crappy stock piping and the silencer box. I have been told to build a sort of custom intake but id like to know has anyone else done this? Also will any other intakes from other cars fit? Hope i didn't do anything wrong, again if i did this is my first post so i apologize. Thanks for reading!

You do drive a Legacy, don't you?

The "i" in iClub stands for Imprezza. Legacy /= Impreza.

Impreza guys == toolbags. You're not a tool, that's why you don't drive one.

Keep out of Nasioc, iClub, sl-i and all those other inferior joints and you'll be just fine.

I swear this is discussed every other day..

Use stock intake. It flows more than enough for the engine. Aftermarket intakes will cause it to run worse = less power. You could get a tune for it with the new intake but it still won't give you any gains.

There isn't much you can do to the NA cars for power without spending big bucks, trust me I know..

Getting a tune helps the most.

Thanks for the info!

There's nothing crappy about the OEM piping or silencer. Subaru paid intelligent R&D engineers big money to design it, and it is a cold air intake already. You will not find enough power in that NA Legacy to outflow the OEM intake.

Good to know, goes to show what happens when i listen to what others that dont know what they are doing. Sorry man, didn't mean to offend or anything.

You do drive a Legacy, don't you?

The "i" in iClub stands for Imprezza. Legacy /= Impreza.

Impreza guys == toolbags. You're not a tool, that's why you don't drive one.

Keep out of Nasioc, iClub, sl-i and all those other inferior joints and you'll be just fine.

I suppose its different here in Hawaii, I was invited to join the i-club here and it seems like all kind of subies are welcome. I do agree on the impreza thing though... I will defiantly turn here more for help. Thanks!

Archived