LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT Ltd Wagon 6sp 340WHP Build

Soarer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I never updated this thread! I took the car to Mike Botti at ACI Dynamix and had him retune it. He did a fantastic job and the car has been an absolute joy to drive since! I am trying to track down the dyno sheet. We tuned a HOT and humid day so the numbers weren't where I wanted them to be but the car feels amazing.

She's been my daily for a long time now! She runs perfectly. Great power, handles like a dream, stops fast. Couldn't be happier! The only thing that is still frustrating me is the aftermarket fuel filter. I think I'm just going to take the damn thing out because I am sick of the gas smell in the car.

PS - This car will be for sale spring 2019!

NICE replacement!!! Question...Where did you buy your short block from for that beautiful White Pearl Momma?

Heuberger for $1699 + $105 shipping

The best deal I've seen on short blocks was from a dealer in CT called Premier Subaru. They had a year end inventory clearance and were giving 30% off ALL items. I bought five EJ257 short blocks for about $1250 each and resold them.

Heuberger for $1699 + $105 shipping

The best deal I've seen on short blocks was from a dealer in CT called Premier Subaru. They had a year end inventory clearance and were giving 30% off ALL items. I bought five EJ257 short blocks for about $1250 each and resold them.

Thanks...and I live in CT...I will keep an eye out

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

A few small updates on the wagon.....

Don't know if I ever mentioned before but i replaced the fender because it had some minor damage from previous owner. Body is pretty straight now except for some roof dings from hail (previous owner)

Did new front brake rotors which are damn expensive for these StopTech brakes. Also put in some new Hawk street pads. Did new StopTech rear rotors too.

I ended up removing that fuel filter because I could never get it to seal up completely and I hate the smell of fuel when I get in the car. It's been running perfectly for about 10k with no aftermarket filter.

I put an STi style front lip on which looks nice and isn't too low.

Installed a 2012 STi driver seat. It's black but it's so damn comfortable that I don't care. I still have the tan leather seat too.

The car has been great since I got the last gremlins worked out. She runs super smooth and is so reliable. The only little issue I've got to sort out soon is that the flex joint on the downpipe is leaking a bit. It's because I need to shorten the DP a little bit. I had the flex joint from another big money DP that I wasn't going to use so I cut off the stainless steel flex joint and had it welded to my Invidia DP. The way it fits with the SPT v2 exhaust pushes on the flex joint and compresses it a little which allows the woven joint to shorten up a bit, get fatter and let exhaust leak out between the weave. If I shorten the DP about 1 to 1.5 inches, it'll pull the flex joint back to it's proper size and seal up. I just need to make the time to remove the DP and take it to a shop that will weld stainless.

Lastly, the car will be going up for sale in about a month or two. I'll be sad to see her go but I have my heart set on a Lexus RCF. I picked up a 2017 Nissan Titan XD diesel a few months back and that will be my DD/foul weather vehicle so I can enjoy the RCF whenever the sun is shining.

Archived