LegacyGT.com

Has anyone seen this sexy steering wheel in our cars?

xVern

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at AVO prices, taking 10% off of that, the prices that I can see are roughly (hopefully they can do better than 10% off of MSRP):

$430 for a round

$450 for a flat-bottom

$530 for a carbon round

$540 for a carbon flat-bottom

I'll get in touch with Paul from AVO USA and see if he can help.

After talking with the AVOjdm rep, he is willing to offer us a group discount code. Here are the details:

For 6 orders the parts discount would be 5%.

For 10 or more orders we could do 7%.

Due to the size of the package that the wheels ship in there would be no benefit in doing bulk shipping as the size of the box becomes very big so each order would be shipped as per our normal shipping method and rate on an individual order basis.

Not as good as I had hoped, but better than nothing. I might be able to counter offer if we have a good amount of people committed.

Thank you.

I would like to see a better discount, if we can't get ten or more people I'm not sure if its worth it for me. That being said, I can put down my deposit if that will help facilitate the gb.

I hear you. However, with that said, it appears our current pricing would be cheaper than the previous group buy....if that matters at all.

For instance, if you just want the round leather one:

with only 6 people (5%) $512.85/shipped vs the old GB $549.86/shipped

Here are the proposed prices (assuming my math is correct). Remember, 6-9 people = %5, 10+ people = 7%:

Flat Carbon

retail: $609

5%: $578.55

7%: $566.37

Round Carbon

retail: $588

5%: $558.60

7%: $546.84

Flat Leather

retail: $504

5%: $478.80

7%: $468.72

Round Leather

retail: $483

5%: $458.85

7%: $449.19

Shipping will probably vary depending on your location. It also appears shipping is based on cost, as it looks it is roughly $54 for one wheel and $96 for two (shipped to Seattle).

:(

Everyone wants cool stuff until they realize getting something at 80% off isn't realistic. sigh

Everyone: "I'd love to see another group buy!!!"

Me: "Here is another group buy, even CHEAPER than the last one!!!!"

Everyone: "oh, you were serious about making this happen? i was just kidding"

I've been wanting to get steering wheel controls in my car for a while. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a $330ish OEM wheel + the cost of controls. I'd much rather spend an extra $150 and have a smaller diameter, better feeling/looking wheel. Hopefully we can still get people....

Everyone wants cool stuff until they realize getting something at 80% off isn't realistic. sigh

Everyone: "I'd love to see another group buy!!!"

Me: "Here is another group buy, even CHEAPER than the last one!!!!"

Everyone: "oh, you were serious about making this happen? i was just kidding"

I've been wanting to get steering wheel controls in my car for a while. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a $330ish OEM wheel + the cost of controls. I'd much rather spend an extra $150 and have a smaller diameter, better feeling/looking wheel. Hopefully we can still get people....

Thank you for doing the legwork and bringing a good deal to the lgt community!

I am still on board for the gb and have my deposit standing by.

Now I just have to decide if I want an D- shaped or round one?:spin:

How many people are committed as of right now?

Just the guys in this thread so far, but I have not marketed this project outside this thread as of yet. Looks like 4, maybe 5 people in here are interested. Out of those 4 or 5, I would expect 2 or 3 of them to actually pull the trigger.

I'm assuming once I start making other threads, we'll be able to get 4-8 more bodies. stay tuned.

If it really drags out, I'd be in at the end of July when I get my bonus from the first half of the year, lol.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^specifically the Gt-Spec wheel, not DAMD. I can't find the 05-06 Gt-spec ones.

What is going to end up happening with this group buy (and I will start a thread here soon) is that once we get enough people, I email the rep for AVOjdm and he gives me a coupon code. I then PM everyone that signed up with that code and you put your order in by yourself. That way there will not be a deposit and/or me handling any of your funds, it will go straight to them.

Archived