LegacyGT.com

Liberty Subaru World Record Event

RailKill

Goodie bags all packed and ready to go! If you're on the fence about coming tomorrow...come on over to the YES side! Check in/ registration is from 8:30 - 10:30...lots of great giveaways and a ton of Subaru enthusiasm all for a good cause! Everything should be wrapped up around 12:30/ 1:00 PM! SEE YOU AT METLIFE STADIUM, PARKING LOT J, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ! :)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They mentioned they had about 250 last year, but I wasn't at last years event. I saw this on northjersey.com's website http://www.bergen.com/top-stories/liberty-subaru-hosts-2015-guinness-world-record-attempt-at-metlife-stadium-1.1356226 .

I ended up winning the raffle for the subaru bike--first time I've really ever won anything. But of course, it didn't fit in the trunk, so now Liberty is shipping it out.

Yup, only 250. If I recall correctly, exactly the same count as last year.

Sad, because a few people pulled away while we did the parade around the stadium.... and before the official count as we pulled back into the same parking lot like last year.

Perhaps 250 or so is critical mass for this type of event in this location. I bet most of the NY and CT guys didnt want to drive over, pay multiple tolls, go to another Scoobie event a week after WBM. Sad and lame, but thats human lazyness 101.

Makes little difference to me. We had a great time, raised money, actually talked to each other and enjoyed each other's cars (unlike the boring vendor-fest that's WBM).

On behalf of all of us at Liberty Subaru, we would like to thank all of the amazing people who came out on Sunday, June 14th to our Guinness World Record attempt to benefit the Colin M. Johnston Memorial Fund. As you heard at the event, Merkel Cell Carcinoma is a very rare, very aggressive skin cancer…with roughly 1,500 cases per year in the United States, making it about 40 times less common than melanoma. We may have been short of Subaru vehicles but we certainly weren’t short of Subaru enthusiasm! We are proud to announce that because of your participation, we raised $8,000.01 for Merkel Cell Carcinoma research...WOW! Seeing 250 Subaru vehicles parading around MetLife Stadium was certainly a site to see!

A big THANK YOU to Wayne Ross Photography for capturing essence of the day!

CHECK OUT THE PICS HERE:

https://www.facebook.com/libertysubarunj

Archived