LegacyGT.com

Sti 304 Twin tip exhaust

Aczwild

Guess I sounded kinda snotty...which was not what I intended...

In fact, the look of the STI mufflers was exactly what I was after. However, I'm not about to spend $1500 on a pair of mufflers, so I made the tips myself and acheived pretty much the same thing.

[rant on]

The prices for some of the parts for these cars is just silly. Especially exhaust parts, and things like $300 fiberglass grille inserts, and $600 bumper lips. [rant off]

yeah it sucks that our cars dont have the large backing like the mass produced civics where parts are cheap and there are so many. I have gotten used to seeing prices so high on parts for our cars, but when I saw that 1500 price tag I was definitely shocked, but I figured someone who had to have it and who had the cash might like to know. I definitely dont blame you though for the first post 1500 aint cheap for an axel back at all

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Building the tips was fairly easy. I just cut up some J-bend 2.5" and welded it together, then had them ceramic coated. I considered welding up the back of the muffler and making it a dual exit like the STI, but I didn't want to screw with the flow path, and the 'Y' tips achieve the same look at the bumper.

Tips2.JPG.7fc67ad8d9c9572b640509a26bb3b125.JPG

Tips4.JPG.2ee4ef1ca15861036cf9f56113f4e9aa.JPG

Archived