LegacyGT.com

Possible power

I have a 06 Legacy GT. It's completely stock as of now. I want to do some modifications to it and want some opinions on the durability of the auto transmission in it. It only has 60k in millage. I want to get somewhere around 300 hp at the tires. I have had some folks say the tranny would not support it and others say that it would not be a problem.

I am sure I would need a bigger turbo to make this happen but am not sure that with an auto transmission the car would handle that kind of power.

My over all goal is to understand some views on the transmissions and if it's possible or already done with my current setup with modifications added. Thank you all.

jardev

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VF52 with fuel pump and injectors, catless up and down pipe should get you there with a good tune.

Remove the banjo filter or if you can both of them.

Learn how to check the oil and keep it topped off.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just installed a cat less up pipe and now am looking to get the turbo back. In the install process it looks as though the stock turbo has a bit of shaft play and has be depositing some oil in the down pipe. I think I want to replace the turbo next. What do you think for the money?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is my mod list, after a good tune I'll be seeing roughly 280whp. With injectors you'll see about 300. But 300 would be maxing out my turbo.

BNR16g turbo w/oil line upgrade kit

Grimmspeed EBCS

DW65c fuel pump

GFB 50/50 BOV

ERZ/CNT catless down pipe

Invidia careless up pipe

Gms catback exhaust

Cobb sf intake

Racer x FMIC

Now I am using the Cobb access port to tune my car and hold my maps. You might want to consider that or open source. Either way, you WILL need a tune. only difference is mine is an 06 5MT not automatic.

• 4 months later...

Do just the downpipe unless you have to have the sound from a full turbo-back. Your wallet will thank you.....

Remember that the downpipe will require a tune- if it is the only thing you change you can get away with an OTS stage 2 map, but pro-tune will be much safer and better for your car.

I did down pipe but kept the mid pipe. I took the factory mid resonator off and replaced it with 2 bullet style ones eventually. I went with multiple combinations throwing money experimenting till I found the sound I wanted. Straight pipe mid resonator to stock cans sound like crap, avoid that route. Best quiet but noticeable sound for somewhat cheap was stock mid resonator with 2 mufflers and tips of choice in place of the heavy triangular stock cans. Splurge a bit more and get rid of the tiny Y for a larger Y and pipes back. I'm somewhat happy with my current setup but may change it again in the future after the build is done.

Archived