LegacyGT.com

Has anyone had a surge coming from the engine when driving a constant speed or under lite acceleration?

<- ---- May cars information.

I don’t have any engine codes coming from the engine (Read the ECU with my accessport.)

I put in some "SEAFOAM" thinking their was/is a fuel delivery problem... didn't make the surge go away.

Thoughts?

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Yes, its a common issue with these cars.

When I had my first test drive in june 04 I told the salesman the car had a surging problem. The car had just been unloaded and they had to pull the plastic off the seats so I could drive it. I didn't buy that car.

My wagon had the issue too but not a noticeable as that first car.

My Tuner has been able to fix the issue. http://www.tuningalliance.com

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Did he say what it was? ...I didn't notice it until I put the stage 1 program in.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

I'm sure he may have said at one time, but he has a thread in the Vendor Forum.

Or email him from his site. He's good with things like that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Good point ^, at the age of a 05-06, it may be a good idea just to replace the front O2 any way.

I use a OEM sensor.

I think JmP has some info in his sticky up top.

It may be good to clean the MAF sensor too.

No.

Auto parts stores will have a can of MAF cleaner use that. Spray it well, let the crap fall off it, let it dry. put it back in.

You can even leave the plug on it. I got a CEL one time after cleaning, I reset the ECU, it never came back.

You can use brake cleaner, I've been doing it for years before they even came out with MAF cleaner. It's basically the same thing, it's just another way for them to charge you $4 more over brake cleaner.

I do not recommend using Carb cleaner, since it leaves a mild residue.

My wife's balls are delicious.

So I cleaned the MAF last night and it was dirty enough not to be able to see the element inside the amber glaze... drove to work this morning with NO surge.

I'll save you some time. There's a thread with over 150 posts regarding this very issue:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/stumble-cruise-only-218669.html

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

So I cleaned the MAF last night and it was dirty enough not to be able to see the element inside the amber glaze... drove to work this morning with NO surge.

Give it a few days to come back.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived