LegacyGT.com

Subaru AP question

So I just bought an accessport off of another member here and have not used one on a Subaru before. With my old ms3 I had to flash a map to it the. Drive calmly for 100~ miles while the car adjusted and then could have fun with it. Do I have to do that with my 2007 LGT wagon? And second are there different maps for manual and auto trans? I realize 2007 only came in auto but figured I'd ask anyway but I'm anxious to see how I like the stage 1 map feels compared to stock. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks. I guess it's the same way with most boosted cars then. With my 03 mach 1 all I needed to do was load a map and let it rip no waiting necessary. Guess it'll be a day or two till I can really have fun with it then.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I don't think that you have to wait, just drive it for a few miles to make sure the car isn't acting strange, then enjoy. The ECU will continue fine learning for a few weeks but nothing that would limit your hooning.

My tuner flashed mine to Cobb OTS Stage1 while the car was on the dyno after OEM map baseline pulls. He let it run for a few minutes, blipped the throttle a couple times, and did 3 Stage1 dyno pulls.

When I first loaded AP into the wagon back in Dec 04 I drove the car to VT after loading it. The car ran great, just drive it like you normally do.

Yes I believe there are different for a 5mt and a 5eat.

God to Cobb's site and download the manual for the AP you'll find lots of info there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh, your going to like it, I remember saying to my son, "this is how the car should have come from the factory" that was at stage 1 93 octane.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Cobb has base maps for all years on their site. You'll need AP manager loaded on your PC to import and export to the AP. Also while your at it get a copy of accessTuner Race so if you go with custom tunes they can be available for use after saving them in AT Race then moving othem over to the AP with AP manager.

Download the latest AP manager from Cobb: http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport-Off-The-Shelf-Maps-s/40100.htm#/v/accessport/ap-manager

Find the map you want: http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport-Off-The-Shelf-Maps-s/40100.htm#/v/accessport/maps/subaru/lgt/LGT-Map-Grid

Download map to AP. The AP might want to update the dongle firmware when you first connect it.

Already did that but thanks guys. I'm fine with using cobb software and the device as I used it plenty with my ms3 just wanted to know if the year made a difference. With the speed3 we could use the same maps for the 2010-2012. I already deleted the '08 maps and loaded the '07. Gonna flash the stage 1 93 to it today and have some fun once I make sure everything is running smoothly. There was a problem with the link to download the anti theft map for the '07 though so I'm missing that one.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Archived