LegacyGT.com

Driving lights behind grill

Heffernan

Has anyone mounted Hella 500 driving light behind the grill of a 08-09' before?

I currently have 2 mounted on a Rally Innovations bar, however, I want to ditch the bar for a clearer look and while maintaining the lights.

Ideally, something like this

fxt-9.jpg.9e20d307f982732a0fc3c2c27919aba5.jpg

They actually work for the Forester but I'm not sure those size lights would work behind the Legacy grille. Maybe fog size lights.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

i support extra lughts

So do I. i believe there are plenty of Legacys and Outbacks with this mod to use as a reference. GL. Can't wait to see results.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

• 1 year later...
Bumping a 2 year old thread to see if anyone has done this with an 2008-2009. I've been thinking about it. Maybe some of the multicolor PIAA fogs?

I ended up doing this but the grill for the 08-09 really diminishes the light output. I plan on to switch to a LED bar mounted in the opening behind the license plate to replace the Hellas.

• 3 weeks later...
I ended up doing this but the grill for the 08-09 really diminishes the light output. I plan on to switch to a LED bar mounted in the opening behind the license plate to replace the Hellas.

Sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted. I want to put a front LED bar also and I'm looking for ideas.

• 1 month later...

I have a JDM Honeycomb grille, I wonder if that allows more light pass though.

What size/model hellas did you try?

Archived