LegacyGT.com

Prosport Halo Boost Gauge

chimera

I'm hooking up a Prosport Halo Boost Gauge, its basically complete except the orange wire which connects up to the headlights (which automatically dims the unit when you flick your headlights on at night)

Question is - anyone know which wire to use?! I don't particularly wanna wire it straight into the H/L fuse socket (and the rear is a mission to get too) - so was seeing if anyone else has done this and what wire they connected up too (is there one thats easily accessible?). I saw a thread where someone used the dimmer wire for the clock, but all my wires are near the fuse box already.

Hmmm, maybe I'll can it and go with this idea instead - wiring the orange wire to a switch so I can manually switch from white to amber instead. I quite like this idea, although will be putting the switch somewhere more discreet :-)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4XGgWvKEps]Wired Prosport boost gauge to Interior lights - YouTube[/ame]

Ugh, the above is slightly different than my model, in that my Halo lights actually stay the same colour but dim when the lights are turned on.

Anyways, to answer my own question again,... I found a connector under dash that had all the wires I needed, including a +12V feed when lights were turned on. Hooked straight off that and voila, shes sorted!

cheers. it was actually quite easy in the end, I used a fuse tap to get ignition power (from fuse #26), then used the daisy chain wire that came with the prosport unit (which I didn't need) to extend the length of the wire loom and run it further back under the dash to get the +12V, negative and headlight feed off a connector that had all 3 of these (just threw a multimeter on until I found the right ones)

I'd initially freaked out a bit from all that I'd read about prosport gauges being crap (although most of those web pages I read were quite old) but the new halo series is a step up from the premium range and so far seems to be a bit more robust (at least, compared to a mates one). its pretty darn accurate on boost too, it sits at 0 when the car is off, jumps down to -20vac when idling and hits 18psi when under full boost which matches output from romraider pretty much spot on. heres hoping prosport have finally sorted their shit out. I know they're not top of the range units, but really couldn't justify the cost of defi or similar gauges (plus I like the fact that the back lighting most closely matches the factory gauges :D )

Archived