LegacyGT.com

Best price for OEM calipers, should I rebuild, other options

caramall2

Had after market calipers but going back to stock. I have my old OEMs but they've been sitting a while. Subaru says they don't make rebuild kits for the OEM. I guess questions are:

1). Cheapest price for new OEM (dealer want $600 for front pair (!)).

2). Can I just clean up old ones? I assume I can take out the pistons, clean up, etc. Again, subaru says they don't sell seals, etc. (I now see Centric sells a rebuild kit...not sure on quality.)

3). What about rebuilt calipers...ok? Quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. I'll probably do that or the Centric rebuild kit.

On a side note, was on the phone with one of the online parts places asking about the rebuild kit and the lady got real pushy...I said I'd just order it online, then she said I should order it over the phone, then she said she'd give me a discount, then when I pushed back some she said there were only 2 left and I may lose it if I didn't order immediately. As you can imagine I said "thanks but no thanks" and she hung up. I don't think I'll order from there ;-)

Subaru should still sell the rebuild kits. Although the cost on them is usually close to the cost of remanufactured ones. Haven't had any issues with remanufactured ones over the years.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Subaru still sale the rebuild kit... I got them on Monday and doing the work on Saturday. The kit has all the rubber parts to rebuild the stock front calipers. 30.00 USD for the kit.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Archived