LegacyGT.com

parts crossover

Hello my fellow Subienthusiasts! I am new to this forum so please lead me in the right direction if I am not doing this right. I have a legacy L wagon with a 2.2 in it that is in need of some TLC suspension wise. I would like to put some Raceland coilovers on my ride but they can't legally tell me which ones will fit my car because they don't specifically make them for my model. My question to everyone is: what year and model of the newer legacy's match up with my 96 L Suspension?

I was hoping there was something that would bolt right up on all four corners...... I called raceland and they want almost double price to break up two sets, which sucks and I don't quite have the money for. What I do know tho is that import tuner has a project legacy and they got coilovers for a newer model subie that DID bolt eight up. Pretty sure that was a gt tho.

The 02 wrx ones will fit and bolt right in. I have them in my car. But if you call raceland, you want the 02 wrx rears and the 92-01 imprezas for the front. That is the perfect setup if they will ship it that way. Some people have got them that way and others have had trouble getting them to ship with two half sets. I can 1005 garentee you that the 02-07 wrx ones will bolt right in, the front camber adjust is just offset slightly. I set it to zero and did a regular alightment with no issues.

That's my problem blankdeluxe. They don't want to break sets apart but if they "just happen to have" separate ones in the warehouse that fit my needs they want 200 a piece..... Grrr. I have been looking for a while now and am starting to get disappointed about the whole deal. Anyone know of a supplier of legacy coilovers that aren't 3 grand?

That's my problem blankdeluxe. They don't want to break sets apart but if they "just happen to have" separate ones in the warehouse that fit my needs they want 200 a piece..... Grrr. I have been looking for a while now and am starting to get disappointed about the whole deal. Anyone know of a supplier of legacy coilovers that aren't 3 grand?

Just buy the wrx ones then. I didn't know about splitting them up until after I had mine ordered. They install just fine and I have had zero issues with them with about 10k on the clock since install

Zues marine said a straight kit won't bolt up.blankdeluxe says they will. Blankdeluxe: you bought 02 wrx coilovers and they fit on a 96 model L legacy....

I can walk outside and take some pictures of them on the car if you would like. They are bolted it. The only reason people say to get the rs ones up front is the top hats adjustments line up perfect with our cars. With the WRX ones you just zero all your top hat adjustments and get your alignment like normal.

And mine are on a 97. Same exact suspension setup as yours. 100% guarantee that it works.

Top hat adjustments being the camber adjustability from the top of the shock body right? What happens with them being zeroed, that means they are non adjustable from that point on? Am I going to need a camber kit of some sorts, I have stock sized wheels on it still. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before a big purchase so I can impress my wife and kids. Ur help is totally appreciated

Top hat adjustments being the camber adjustability from the top of the shock body right? What happens with them being zeroed, that means they are non adjustable from that point on? Am I going to need a camber kit of some sorts, I have stock sized wheels on it still. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before a big purchase so I can impress my wife and kids. Ur help is totally appreciated

I'll get some photos today for you so you can see what I mean. And stock wheels will be fine. I have run stock 14's, first gen leggy 15's, wrx 16's, and will be going to 18 inch wheels this summer so your wheels will work

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I never said what wouldn't work...I only mentioned what would

Very true my friend, I assumed and put words in your mouth and for that I apologize. I am getting a lot of help from everyone and am so thankful. Blankdeluxe your pictures will be waited for patiently as well as your help.

Gotcha. That's makes much more sense now! I'm totally OK with zeroing the top hats if that's all that means. Raceland watch out, imma be calling you soon. The backs are the same way for the wagon to then? Crooked a little, or is there room for adjustment on those if need be?

Side note: went to have the harmonic balancer replaced Friday cause it was shaking some, mechanic called and I went up to the shop, half of the key is mushroomed into keyway that's on the inside of the crankshaft timing gear. The backside of the damper has a scoop taken out ta the backside. Totally a bigger deal than I thought it was gonna be. Said it wouldn't take more than 6 hours to fix it....... Trusting these guys in my hometown is hard but I have no other choice aahhhhhhhh

So you just disassemble the 2 front coilovers and swap the tops from left to right and vice-versa?.. then you can install them with no problem. ..just want to be clear . Im ordering my coilovers this weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You don't have to take them apart. You will see when they show up.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Archived