LegacyGT.com

CEL after getting stuck in snow

I managed to get my LGT with snow tires stuck while pulling out of my driveway and I tried to power my way out with and without traction control on. After several tries, I got a CEL and the ATF OIL TEMP light went on. I pulled the P0700 code using my AP, which only tells me I have a TCM code stored. Using the method where you turn on the car, turn on headlights, push odometer button 4 times and repeat, I was able to pull the following codes. C0045 and C0047. No codes were stored in the TCM as I only got a P.

I believe the two codes are related to the wheel speed sensors in the rear left/right wheels.

Will the codes clear after I drive the car around normally or did I royally mess up my car?

That's normal for a car stuck in the snow.

do 4 on/off start cycles and the codes will clear.

Even happend to my 2000 GT wagon when I floated it on the snow.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Had a flashing CC light after the tires spun in second gear getting on to one highway from exiting another feeder highway. I wanted to pass the slower cars so I went thru the wet heavy snow, took the car up to 85mph and then slowed. I noticedthe flashing CC, I pushed in the clutch turned the key to off, then started the car again, the light went out and CC worked.

Oh I also put a new H7 bulb in the left front.

Then drove to VT.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well I drove the car up to 6 times since the CEL came on but the CEL still hasn't turned off. The TCU failed code shows a blinking P instead of a P----. Right now I have the traction control off light, the check engine light and a flashing cruise control light. Any thing else I should look into?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

According to my Mopar mechanic friend, the CEL will take longer to clear if the fault condition existed for a long time frame. ie: if you drove with your gas cap off for a week, it would take a few days for it to clear. Whereas if you put it back on when you noticed the CEL, it'd clear quickly. I haven't tested his theory.

Archived