LegacyGT.com

Automatic Transmission ECU Identifier Pin

• I Donated
Who can tell me for sure what pin on the ECU is the AT/MT identifier (the one I'm suppose to ground out on a swap). I've got several different answers so far. I have the car driving now, but its throwing transmission codes.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

I haven't grounded out a pin at all yet. I just jumped the NSS wires on the trans harness (the 4x4 connector under the hood) and it started right up. I drove about 50 problem free miles...until the sun set and I realized that I didn't have headlights LOL.

Check engine light came on for some 1702 code or something like that. It was transmission diagnostic something or the other. I can pull the code tomorrow.

I've read so much conflicting information on what pin it is....thats why I'm asking

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

I grounded pin 20. Doesn't work. Check engine light is back on again.

As well, I'm idling at 1,500RPMs? Whats the deal

Here is my setup

MT ignition switch (out of a 96)

AT malfunction switch & steering wheel

AT ECU

TCU is still plugged in (should it be unplugged?)

Two pins for the Neutral Safety Switch on the trans harness are bridged together (on the 4x4 connector)

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived