LegacyGT.com

AOS vs Catch Can Reviews...

AOS Or Catch Can?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. AOS Or Catch Can?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I deviated from the install instructions by removing the OEM valve cover cross over tube and going directly to the turbo inlet.

What did you do with the valve cover holes, cap them? Did you really remove the entire cross over tube? How are the heads and crankcase balanced now?

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

What did you do with the valve cover holes, cap them? Did you really remove the entire cross over tube? How are the heads and crankcase balanced now?

Both valve covers connect directly to the AOS via the ports on the valve covers that the crossover tube used to be connected to.

In the street AOS install instructions, the OEM valve cover crossover tube is left connected to the turbo inlet, capped on the driver side, and connect the AOS outlet on the passenger side. Its simply an easy way to connect the AOS to the turbo inlet. I didn't like the look of the crossover tube so I removed the crossover tube entirely and connected the AOS directly to the turbo inlet. All ports on the AOS are still connected to IAG's intended locations.

The competition AOS removes the crossover tube entirely the AOS outlet is vented to atmosphere instead of the turbo inlet.

Archived