LegacyGT.com

Advice needed - retire her or keep her going?

I have an 05 LGT sedan with about 140k miles. She has accessport from Cobb, TMIC, Uppipe, downpipe, manual boost controller, full exhaust back. I did that around 65k miles until stock turbo blew apart at about 80k miles. Then I added new bigger turbo. VFD40 I think? Something like that. Plus a new fuel pump (which was a nightmare to fit manually), and DWerks 720 injectors. But I digress...

The sube is my second car now and I noticed that the clutch is about to give out. Based on all the forums I have read, it is most likely the TOB. My question for you is should I upgrade the OEM clutch and go with the ACT? I know I need to get a new flywheel as well with that too.

All this is adding up, so should I just save $300-400 and go with the OEM replacement or bite the bullet and pick up the ACT.

My next move is to get a trailer hitch installed so I can tow my Honda CRF-450 to some of the tracks in the area. I need a healthy girl again, and I wanted to ask what you would do.

A. Just patch her up and sell her to buy a truck or something

or

B. Keep her and make her my second fun car to haul my motocross bike around along with other trips (hockey practice etc.)

I really loved this car alot and I do not think anyone would give me anything reasonable to buy it off me, so please advise what I should do.

Don't get a ACT clutch.

I like my Spec 2 clutch, you'll need a singe mass FW. Email Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com and buy your clutch stuff from him.

Do Not put a stock type clutch in the car.

You can see I have two of these, my wagon is my DD. So I vote keep it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators
The ACT is going to have a very heavy pedal. He doesn't get compensated, you'll find that a LOT of people would recommend AZP for service/parts--they'll steer you in the right direction, not the direction that makes them the most money.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. What other items do you guys replace around the 140k mileage marker? I did my timing belt a while back at around 70k when it blew apart pretty much. I have done zero with suspension. I am sure it is completely shot, as well as I have no power steering. But, I do not really care about any of that stuff as long she drives. The biggest thing is getting the clutch done, and I doubt I should just replace the TOB and not replace the clutch while the trans is moved out of the way...

AZP (infamous also) is a enthusiast and gives a lot of of his time answering questions on this forum. they both have expieriance using the parts they sell and won't sell you garbage parts. So it's good to support the active vendors.

Having said that I really like my clutch masters

I'll recommend m sprank, www.infamousperformance.net if i know your from the left coast... But you didn't say where your from ?

Its ok to tell us, don't worry we come over and visit...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I just spent a week in Aurba, sorry it has better weather...:) LOL

Either one of those two guy's help out a lot here for free and are trying to keep there business up and running. Both Mikes have a real repair shop and guy's working for them. I like to help the little guy when I can.

You can trust them, when I needed a oil pump for my ej257, I just told Mike to send my what he would use. He knew my build and sold me lots of parts over the years.

I have also bought stuff from Mike, aka m sprank over the years.

Am not a fan of stock or stage one type clutch's. I have owned Legacy GT wagons since 1998, all of them would slip the stock clutch backing up in 3" of wet snow. My Spec clutches don't do that.

To me a stage one clutch is not much better then stock. My Spec 2 clutch is just a little heavier pedal then the stock clutch in my 09 Spec B.

Read in the tranny forum, lots of info on clutches.

I just spent a week in Aurba, sorry it has better weather...:) LOL

Either one of those two guy's help out a lot here for free and are trying to keep there business up and running. Both Mikes have a real repair shop and guy's working for them. I like to help the little guy when I can.

You can trust them, when I needed a oil pump for my ej257, I just told Mike to send my what he would use. He knew my build and sold me lots of parts over the years.

I have also bought stuff from Mike, aka m sprank over the years.

I can +1 for Mike at infamousperformance.net He will give you excellent advice on what you need. I have bought several items from him and he has always been great. He easily could have up sold me on a bunch of unnecessary stuff, but he was up front and honest and sold me only what I needed. Same can be said for Boston Motorsports. To be fair, I have read many positives on AZP too. LOL, and no we aren't getting paid! Honestly we're all enthusiasts and when you have someone like Mike who goes the extra mile with you it's greatly appreciated, so why wouldn't we try to get him as much business as possible.

Archived