LegacyGT.com

Invidia downpipe fitment

I'm planning on buying a downpipe shortly. But I've seen and read that the divorce plate sometimes hits the wastegate.

I cant seem to find a definitive answer to this. It all seems to be conflicting answers scattered everywhere.

EX:

-They updated the version and it now clears no problem

-Yet some websites still say that you need to grind down the divorce plate

-Some say it never had issues

-Have also seen posts about the divorcing causing boost spikes

tl;dr

Basically just need someone to chime in who has recently purchased an invidia downpipe and installed it. Did it clear the waste gate okay with this so called 'updated' version (when installing and driving)

Thanks in advance. I just don't want to buy something that i'm going to have to hack up.

Bought one about a month ago and installed it the day it arrived. I've seen older v1 pipes and they did require trimming,

they are now on v3 I think and I wish I had taken pictures because I was worried as well but it does not hit at all.

The v3 has the divorce set in the pipe and does not stick out as it used to. As long as your buying a new one and not

a used I can vouch for fitment.

FWIW I bought mine in December for the automatic and it cleared the wastegate flap no modification required. BNR16 turbo.

I bolted it to the turbo before installing the pair on my car. Unclipped the waste gate and it moved freely. I figured if it cleared this way then after I put the gasket in between the two it would definitely not be an issue.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

^ Exact same thing I did when I got mine, but on the vf40 it did seem closer to the divorce plate.

On the BNR, the actuator arm seemed like it would have to travel almost an inch for the flapper to hit.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

I bought an Invidia catted Bellmouth. I have not installed it yet. Still saving up for the tune, so i don't know about the grinding issue.. But, i did a lot of reading on here as well as other sites as far as Divorced vs Non and couldn't come up with an answer. I finally asked the vendor i bought from their opinion (I'm sure others will chime in with theirs shortly). He basically said that he couldn't see a reason to spend the money on a Divorced because the amount of power/boost/exhaust that my car would make (ever) wouldnt be enough to make the divorcing worth while. Take that as you will.

FWIW. My Invidia bellmouth DP fit's like it was made for the car. No clearance problems anywhere.

I thought that was clearly stated before.

I use a grimspeed 2X thick, 3", 2 hole gasket to my stock mid pipe and have no leaks. I don't use the OEM donut.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW I bought mine in December for the automatic and it cleared the wastegate flap no modification required. BNR16 turbo.

I bolted it to the turbo before installing the pair on my car. Unclipped the waste gate and it moved freely. I figured if it cleared this way then after I put the gasket in between the two it would definitely not be an issue.

Well this is certainly encouraging

erz / cnt bellmouth downpipe is the best bang for your buck, PERFECT FIT, identical to invidia only difference is the erz has better reviews, and costs less! and you wont have to worry about any grinding, shaving whatever!

but invidia obviously makes great parts, have an invidia uppipe and i love it, fits perfect

erz / cnt bellmouth downpipe is the best bang for your buck, PERFECT FIT, identical to invidia only difference is the erz has better reviews, and costs less! and you wont have to worry about any grinding, shaving whatever!

but invidia obviously makes great parts, have an invidia uppipe and i love it, fits perfect

That is the downpipe i was originally after. But it seems as though nobody sells it and its out of stock everywhere.

Did you need any kind of pipe extension? I thought the wrx downpipes were too short.

Not at all. It matched up perfectly.

From my research I found that '08 and up WRX would've fit my car, it's the same with a TMIC too. Not sure about STi though.

Thanks for the link. But that is for the catted dp. Im looking for non-catted, which they are out of stock.

Not at all. It matched up perfectly.

From my research I found that '08 and up WRX would've fit my car, it's the same with a TMIC too. Not sure about STi though.

Cool. I have a couple options for wrx downpipes. I may just go that route

Bought one about a month ago and installed it the day it arrived. I've seen older v1 pipes and they did require trimming,

they are now on v3 I think and I wish I had taken pictures because I was worried as well but it does not hit at all.

The v3 has the divorce set in the pipe and does not stick out as it used to. As long as your buying a new one and not

a used I can vouch for fitment.

I bought my divorced 5MT Invidia DP this summer. I'm not sure if it's v2 or v3, but this is how mine is, any it fits perfectly, no adjustment needed.

IMG_20130823_195626.thumb.jpg.528c41627f62a86f34c266e0dc839f4e.jpg

IMG_20130823_195959.thumb.jpg.c6f422a66e4a54828b7b8a51ca1294fa.jpg

IMG_20130823_200003.thumb.jpg.9e9ebff42b10f7f39d1c2151e00e251f.jpg

IMG_20130823_200012.thumb.jpg.186e908d3a7c308ceb7cb7b7308f4767.jpg

IMG_20130823_200013.thumb.jpg.d9a74b060e15c0bf99daad6c6de49932.jpg

Archived