LegacyGT.com

OTS Maps NOT by Cobb?

nicholaschase29

Hi Everyone,

Is there a source of OTS maps that are not offered by Cobb? Do freelance tuners ever come up with their own OTS "general" maps and sell them? Obviously they're not optimized for ones particular car but cobb offers OTS maps which can be loaded on any car that meets the maps requirements.

The main reason I ask is because I purchased a KS Tech 73mm intake. I was hoping/thinking perhaps someone made a stage 2 map and scaled it accordingly for a KS Tech. I see Cobb has the stage tune with their intake. I'm almost certain it wouldn't work in the case of the KS Tech but I was wondering if these other sources exist. A $150 E-tune isn't the end of the world either...

A E-tune or having it tuned at a shop is the only way to make sure it works properly with the ks tech intake. Cobb only has there maps for there intake and no other ones. And a custom tune is always better then a OTS map anyway. Its dialed in to your exact car.

The ks tech is going to be very different scaling compared to Cobb's map and a custom tune is your best option.

Contact me if I can help.

Thanks

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

At the moment the car is stage 2. I will be going HTA68, DW850's, Grimmspeed TMIC, V3 and 93 & E85 tunes. Rather than a 50/50 recirc I figured I'd throw an intake on it to get some turbo noise.

I was just curious if any tuners out there put out broad/universal/safe maps for common setups other than Cobb's OTS maps (i.e. stage 2 + 3 port BCS or stage 2 + 3 port + ks tech 73mm)

I would think they could sell a fair amount of these "OTS" canned tunes for $50 a pop doing the leg work on the first map. Sure it might not be optimized for your specific car but neither are Cobb's maps they offer and plenty of people run those without issues. Maybe it makes more business sense not to offer this to get $150 per tune. Or maybe after they release an OTS map someone will host it for free and everyone will share it without giving "royalties" to the person who made the tune.

This was more my question.

Thanks

Archived