LegacyGT.com

Difference between GT sedan and outback wagon

momo

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I do not currently own a Legacy, but am considering the GT sedan version. Yesterday, I drove the turbo Outback wagon as the dealer in my area did not have any other version available, and the dealer's next deliver isn't for a couple of weeks. To get the version I want (GT Sedan 5mt), I will need to order it. Just wondering what are the differences in suspension settings and interior features between the GT Sedan and the Outback. In particular, is the GT Sedan stiffer/sportier than the Outback, and are the front seats different in the two cars. My initial impression of the new Legacy is that it feels as fast as my G35 6mt did. My G35 had more grunt down low, but the Legacy seems to have just as much accelleration at the top end. Also, the Legacy feels more like a driver's car with better road manners than the G35, and that's compared to the Outback. It makes me wonder how good the GT sedan would be compared to the G35.

People have been debating between the G35 and the Legacy GT. It really depends on personal preference, but the Legacy GT will outperform the G35 for less money. The ride in the GT is stiffer than the Outback, and I believe the seats are slightly different between the two. I ordered my Legacy GT almost two months ago and I have had it for almost 3 weeks. I love it. :D

Thanks, I appreciate the response. Just from the test drive of the Outback, it felt like the Legacy will be a worthy competitor for the G35 for speed and handling. As for the interior, my biggest concern in the G35 was that the seats did not have enough side bolstering which caused me to slide during hard cornering. I also couldn't get a comfortable driving position. The Outback had farily wide seats like the G35, but I'm assuming the GT sedan will have much sportier seats with more side bolstering. The salesperson said it will be the same interior as in the Outback, but I find that hard to believe. The car kicked butt in Outback trim, can't wait to drive the GT version.

I believe the GT Legacies have sport seats, the base Legacy and Base outback might share seats. The upper level Outback seats may be a little more luxurious. I am not sure, so don't quote me, but that is what the spec sheets lead me to believe. Otherwise, beside the fact that upper level outbacks have taupe colored interiors exclusively (no black), and as special mahogany steering wheel with audio controls, and a couple of other minor options changes, I believe the interiors are the same.

The Outback has two inches ( I think)more ground clearance and more wheel travel. the Legacy GT has lower profile tires and the interior is a different flavor with fake brushed metal as opposed to fake wood. The seats are a good compromise in terms of side bolstering. I have heard the Outback has a very nice ride handling compromise. I think it might be the superior suspension if you want a quick car and never take corners thinking your are driving a sports car. Bump supression is said to be very impressive. I have an M3 sedan as well and the Legacy Gt invites spirited cornering much like the M3. It is only right at the limit where you notice that the m3 is a bit happier. Overall very impressive handling. We put Bridgestone S03's on the car and this really lets you see what the car can do without the tires giving out.

Thanks for all the input. I know the comparison may be apples and oranges between the two variations of the Legacy, but unfortunately, if I want a GT 5mt, I need to order it as the ones coming in have already been sold. There may be a GT auto coming in soon, but no guarantee it will be there for long. Good to hear that the Legacy handles well. Since I've been looking for a new car, I mentally note the situations I find myself in on a day to day basis. I am hardly in a situation where I can accelerate a 1/4 mile at a time, but I do find myself going around turns quickly.

Archived