LegacyGT.com

Cylinder 2&4 misfire

Ok so here what's going on with my 07 lgt5eat I got a code for a misfire in 2 and 4 and I replaced all the plugs and 2&4 coils code still coming up checked head and it's good to I don't know what els to check it runs ruff at 1000 rpm but above that it's good car is bone stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P0021 and P0011 are normally a bad sign. Pull the drivers side OCV and make sure its clean and slides easy. You may also want to check the banjo filter on the rear top of passenger side head. I have both banjos on my new engine removed in my 05

After I got both those codes my turbo went soon after.

check the DIY's.

A can of engine flush and a couple quick oil changes may be a good idea too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had cyl 2 and 4 random misfire for a while that I never could figure out on my beater, when I finally took it to a shop they also found p0021 as well along with misfire codes.

turns out previous owner of my car had timing belt done wrong, one of the cam sprocket on drivers side was off by 3 teeth.

If we're talking about the same test, the "dye test" is for a head gasket leak. If that test were going to be positive, you'd know it already. Smoke, overheating, oil in coolant/coolant in oil, etc.

As said before, have them do a compression and leakdown test. You're looking for evidence of low compression (could be piston or piston ring damage), or a leaking head due to sticking/bent/burnt/broken valves.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived