LegacyGT.com

Painted Interior Trim pieces

doogdog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Save a lazy man a search and list your materials? :D

Same as listed in this tread. I used 250 grit sand paper for a nice scratch. Then I used 320 grit for everything else… After sanding everything I used alcohol to clean everything. Then I sprayed about 2-3 coats of Black Satin Krylon Fusion (for plastics) spray paint. I then used 1500 grit sand paper to get bumps out and sprayed one last coat of the black satin.. I let that dry over night. I then used Krylon Satin Crystal Clear spray paint and did that about 2-3 coats. I hung everything up using fishing line and I would HIGHLY recommend doing this indoors with as little air movement as possible

Items needed

1 can Krylon Fusion for plastic Black Satin (wal-mart)

1 can Krylon Crystal Clear Satin (wal-mart)

250 and 320 grit sandpaper (just about any place, wal-mart)

1500 grit sand paper (Advance Auto)

Fishing line, 2x4, and saw bucks to hang parts (your basement or garage)

LOTS OF PATIENCE and WAIT for the paint to cure. Don’t rush installing everything just cause your done painting. I let it cure for about a whole day!

Dave

Guest *Jedimaster*

Thanks man- did you give about 30 minutes between coats?

Same as listed in this tread. I used 250 grit sand paper for a nice scratch. Then I used 320 grit for everything else… After sanding everything I used alcohol to clean everything. Then I sprayed about 2-3 coats of Black Satin Krylon Fusion (for plastics) spray paint. I then used 1500 grit sand paper to get bumps out and sprayed one last coat of the black satin.. I let that dry over night. I then used Krylon Satin Crystal Clear spray paint and did that about 2-3 coats. I hung everything up using fishing line and I would HIGHLY recommend doing this indoors with as little air movement as possible

Items needed

LOTS OF PATIENCE and WAIT for the paint to cure. Don’t rush installing everything just cause your done painting. I let it cure for about a whole day!

Thanks man- did you give about 30 minutes between coats?

Yeah at least, I think the can said it dries in 12 minutes... but I waited longer. I would start this on a friday and end on a sunday or monday. I couldn't sit and baby sit everything spraying, waiting, spraying and so on...

Dave

Items needed

thanks for all the input. :) i may go ahead over the next few weeks and do this. i plan to do the door trims as well. but looking at the 5EAT console, i may leave the inner shifter piece with the gears as is so that it matches the HVAC panel, and only paint all other pieces. I really like that satin black look now. i was planning on something close to atlantic blue.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 3 months later...

Archived