LegacyGT.com

what's a '06 spec.b w/ 55K miles worth?

specb338

Contemplating selling my 2006 spec.B. It has 55,000 miles, one owner, very good condition, no mods. What do you guys think it's worth? Being a special edition (one of 500 units made in 2006), does that realistically add value over a regular 2.5GT Limited?

^ that's a far more realistic price than $20k+....

Since the 06 Spec.Bs didn't have a 6 speed I wouldn't expect too much more than a limited GT. Unless you can sell to a true enthusiast then maybe $1-2k more than the GTs at most. My guess... $16k

Even the later model 6 speed specBs will only fetch about $3k on top of a normal GT

I saw some crazy high spec.B list prices while I was looking, but most were private sellers from cold climates. I'm in the Southeast and I picked up my 08 with 60K miles for 17.4K last year. It was also at a non-Subaru dealership and my other-enthusiasm for the car probably hurt my price negotiations a bit... oh well. So far, I've only had to flush all the fluids and replace the drive belts and plugs. I agree with others that 06 is probably least 'unique' of all the spec.Bs. It wasn't even on my radar because of it's lack of 6MT and red interior (which I don't car for, but others do... it may be a real plus for some).

For reference, there is a 06 black on black GT with 63k in great condition, new tires, 2 owners and no mods but with minor parking lot ding repairs on the Carfax in north Chicago. He had it listed at $17,500 for 3ish months and as far as I know he hasn't sold it yet.

Youre looking to sell to one of us or a person that likes that crazy interior :lol: Mid teens max.

Agree. The person who buys your car is probably already hopelessly addicted to reading this forum. These cars are a blast, but they are all at best 5 years old now, so the general public isn't interested. Your low miles will be a draw, but how modded it is matters a lot too. Most enthusiasts want a (well-maintained) blank canvas and seem willing to pay a little more if they can find one.

Archived