LegacyGT.com

Climate control and radio stopped working.

2005 lgt here. Yesterday morning had to move my car. -20 degrees out and I stalled it trying to move it in the driveway. Didn't think much of it except later getting in my car I notice all buttons on the dual climate contol and radio do nothing except radio power and load and eject. Fast forward an hour and everything comes back on and 10 minutes after that everything back to doing nothing. So I unplug the battery hoping that would fix it. Now climate control is completely shut off and will not turn on. What's my next step? Tried ejecting my CD's too and pushing around on the dash. No luck. Do I check fuses and then start pulling apart the dash? Its nearly impossible to drive at the moment.

Mine did this once, but fixed itself not long after.

All I can possibly add is to check your battery terminal for good contact.

It's apparently not the first time this has happened to someone though:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Site%3Alegacygt.com+heater+controls+not+working&oq=Site%3Alegacygt.com+heater+controls+not+working&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.9896j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8

After you clean them well and make sure they are tight and everything works. Then coat them with a good grease to seal out the moisture. Put the grease all around them and under them.

Pretty much any grease you get fromt he auto parts store or tractor supply will work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

So after driving for about 45 minutes today, got on a bumpy road and started fiddling with the volume. It started to adjust after about 10 seconds. Try turning on the thermostat nothing. 30 seconds later just hitting the button and it kicks on! Adjust it and turn on the defrost and now it won't adjust any more but at least its on. So thanks guys! I'll try pulling the radio when it warms up and look at connects. Not sure if cleaning the terminals helped or not but thanks for the suggestion cause they were pretty bad.

Back in the early day's with my 05. Sometimes the radio and HVAC would do funny things.

Since I've kept the terminals clean, no issues.

Good Luck, I hate car problems this time of year.

Mine did this a few months ago as well. At least my radio did. I didn't think to check if the climate control was doing the same thing. But mine randomly started working again after maybe an hour or so. Annoying but to this day I still can't figure what happened to it

Archived