LegacyGT.com

nstg8r's 2012 3.6R Limited mod journal

Could that be resolved by changing the location of the camera? Just wondering if it expects it to be placed left, or right depending on the country and not actually dead center.

The camera is placed where the stock camera would be. That wouldn't affect where the lines on the screen would be though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So for the camera, is it only held in place with the adhesive tape you can see in the pic? Did you drill a hole to run the wire through, or is there a gap somewhere to use? I was looking at the Rydeen duo camera, but didn't know what I was looking at as far as mounting was concerned... is there a space between the trim panel and the trunk?

So for the camera, is it only held in place with the adhesive tape you can see in the pic? Did you drill a hole to run the wire through, or is there a gap somewhere to use? I was looking at the Rydeen duo camera, but didn't know what I was looking at as far as mounting was concerned... is there a space between the trim panel and the trunk?

It's held in with tape, but there are slots to screw it in if you wish, the screws aren't supplied.

You can see where I notched the plastic piece that the camera is attached to to run the wire. When you remove the trunk garnish piece to run the cable, it's held in by 4 nuts (from inside the trunk) and a single trim clip. I removed the trim clip from the garnish leaving it's hole open to run the camera cable through the trunk. The hole is more than wide enough for the cable, so I added a grommet so the cable wouldn't abrade. I then added a blob of butyl rubber I had from my headlamp projects to seal it so water can't get in. There is plenty of room behind the trunk garnish for the cable, but just be careful not to pinch it when replacing the garnish.

The next part was the hardest, running the cable thru to the trunk. I ran it where all the other wiring goes, thru the rubber boot piece, using the good old-fashioned wire hanger method. I popped the two side of the rubber boot out first then ran the hanger thru it, taped it to the end of the camera cable, then pulled it thru.

• 3 weeks later...
Was hanging out with Perscitus and his brother Martin yesterday, so I finally got some video of my rear light mods in action...

It reminds me of a carnival. :lol: Do you have a popcorn popper and cotton candy maker in the back seat?

Thanks for sharing Rob! Given the losses on the DynoDynamics rollers and the whp/wtq results reported with latest software suite.. that's 256-260bhp (@5.8-6K) and 250ft-lbf tq (@4.4K).

So stock-level #s, which with the lean conditions and negative timing, is rather good.

I bet if you sort both of those out, the intake alone would actually net a gain over stock HP/TQ figures... tune or no tune.

Thanks for sharing Rob! Given the losses on the DynoDynamics rollers and the whp/wtq results reported with latest software suite.. that's 256-260bhp (@5.8-6K) and 250ft-lbf tq (@4.4K).

So stock-level #s, which with the lean conditions and negative timing, is rather good.

I bet if you sort both of those out, the intake alone would actually net a gain over stock HP/TQ figures... tune or no tune.

I've never seen my timing run in the negative, not sure why Rob saw that. Maybe he meant it's pulling timing due to knock. The knock he said is most likely from the ECU not being able to deal with the Takeda intake properly. Also, my fuel trims tend to be in the negative, so wouldn't that mean I'm running rich, not lean? Besides, they always seem to be within +/-10%, so I wouldn't exactly say I'm running too rich or too lean. I think he may have been referring to AFR and not fuel trim when mentioning the lean condition.

We'll see what differences our new intake setup with the Volant filter makes on my car. We can plug in your ODB dongle and do some of our own logs with Torque before and after making the changes.

I checked my AFR and it hovered around 1.0 during most of my driving. It went down to .765 at WOT.
That sounds in-line with mine and equivalent to about 14.7:1 'semi-stoich' to 15:1 'slightly lean' going down to 11.x:1 'slightly rich',

but instead of AFR you were looking at its evil (European) brother - lambda:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads17/Air+Fuel+Ratios1271770234.jpg

Now, our AFR should likely only dip down to 12.x:1 (as commanded with my post-intake tune) but actually go a bit richer 11.x:1.

I think this could be do to 10% ethanol in our fuel blends, while the ballpark targets above are for pure gasoline, pure diesel, pure alcohol, etc.

If I factor in 10% ethanol, target AFR equivalent to 12.5:1 pure gasoline would be 11.96:1.

I've seen measured AFRs as low as 11.2 or 11.4:1, which isn't bad. For our engines, 10:1 or 19:1 would be.

Plus even though our AFRs can and are ok, the question is how hard long and short fuel trims must 'work' to achieve them. If timing is pulled, they are unable to get the job done by themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I picked up a voltage stabilizer and I wonder where you put your in your bay. Can you take picture if possible?

Thanks

It'll depend on which one you purchased. If you have the Eric Tioh unit, I wedged it in between the battery and the fuse box.

IMG_0001.JPG.601f63116a70328909bbc70d94f795b4.JPG

If you don't have the battery sleeve like I do (part# 82123AG10B; Perscitus' '10 didn't come with one), then there will probably be too much room between the battery and fuse box.

• 4 months later...
So my friends, I think I'm nearing the end of my time with my Legacy and will be moving on to a newer, more luxury-style vehicle. Being that I won't get anything extra for all my mods when I trade in my vehicle, there will most likely be a part-out sale in the near future. Pretty much anything that isn't bolted down (i.e. LWCP) will probably be available. If there's anything in my journal that interests you now, pm me.

So my friends, I think I'm nearing the end of my time with my Legacy and will be moving on to a newer, more luxury-style vehicle. Being that I won't get anything extra for all my mods when I trade in my vehicle, there will most likely be a part-out sale in the near future. Pretty much anything that isn't bolted down (i.e. LWCP) will probably be available. If there's anything in my journal that interests you now, pm me.

Bummer, to bad we never got together to tackle my lighting project.

Bummer, to bad we never got together to tackle my lighting project.

Unfortunately, it's a back injury that has stopped me from doing any more mods to my vehicle and why I'm getting a new one.

Unfortunately, it's a back injury that has stopped me from doing any more mods to my vehicle and why I'm getting a new one.

Understood, back's are tricky. I hurt mine about 7 years ago (L2 & L5) and I have never been the same and I refuse to get surgery.

Been hitting chiro myself these past 3 weeks. Bottom 2 vertebrate are pushed backwards pinching a nerve, so I understand your pain. Doing some "cupping" Friday morn, we'll see if that releases some tension

Archived