LegacyGT.com

2005 2.5i Catalytic Converter

Way over the warranty, it is ridiculous how much they want for stock exhaust! Of course this is the only year Subaru came out with this year. None of the aftermarket companies makes this year specific to fit. I tried maremount and I had to retrofit it to fit. Hoping someone could tell me the inlet or outlet size of the stock cats.

I had my cat replaced last summer, 134 K miles on an '05 and, for free. Depends on where you live (I think). In Mass, the warranty went to 150 K miles.

PS The loaner car was free also. It took the dealer a day to get the part(s).

Way over the warranty, it is ridiculous how much they want for stock exhaust! Of course this is the only year Subaru came out with this year. None of the aftermarket companies makes this year specific to fit. I tried maremount and I had to retrofit it to fit. Hoping someone could tell me the inlet or outlet size of the stock cats.

if it were not for the multiple sensors you could cheaply and easily swap to 05 layout. Your car must have been built in early 2004 and been a "PZEV" to get that ridiculous exhaust option. Not sure what SOA was thinking. You have options:

Buy OEM grade cats have a shop cut the bad one out and install the new ones. I/D and O/D for the cats are ~2.24 inches so a 2.25" cat I/O will work.

Swap layouts and plumb in the O2 sensors down stream of the dual inline cat setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived