LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on my new summer setup.

Nightmaresmk

• Moderators
Sorry coilbind as in when you take a corner the spring turns on the perch but the perch doesn't rotate so you get a ping noise.

No pinging. The KW/RCEs are slightly unique from my understanding since they use plastic locking rings--probably cuts down on that.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

The big differences between RCE and KW are the rear springs and valving. KW's have a progressive rear, while the RCE's come with linear springs front and rear. The RCE's are also valved a bit more aggressively.

I ordered my RCE T1's with 500/500 lb. rates.

The RCE's can't handle more than a 500lb spring tops, they come with 400, and 500 is already pushing it a bit. RCE will spec the T1's for you with 500lb rates, but not over that. There's really no noticeable weight difference between the sedan and wagon anyway, and honestly 500lb springs are already pretty stiff.

If you want stiffer rates than that (which are unnecessary without at least 400+whp IMO) you'd have to go with AST's or Motons or Ohlins.

I do love them with the 500/500 springs though, combined with 22mm sways f/r the car feels like a tank and sticks to pavement like velcro, while maintaining nearly all the DD comfort of the specB oem setup. The thing that makes them the most harsh feeling on my car is the camber plates, if you stayed with specB top hats they would be oem-comfortable.

Ok thank you for the info.

Unfortunately today my excedy 08 clutch feels like i might be over powering it with my stage two torque. :( My mechanic I use for second opinions doesn't like the feel of the clutch when u put your foot down. well STI six speed will be added to the summer list.

Archived