LegacyGT.com

Sticky DISP button on dash

No go with rubbing alcohol? Obviously with the car off. That usually breaks down grime and adhesive and stuff, and it will dry within a minute or two.

Yep, that's my thought to, alcohol.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OP, mine was sticky but it wasn't due to any substance gumming up the button. Mine was like that because the rubber pad under the button you press was very worn.

What I did was dismantle the clock and took the rubber pad off one of either the + or - buttons which are rarely uses and swapped them with the DISP pad. Works like a charm.

I suggest you dismantle the clock completely to clean out any gummy crap you have built up on the DISP button AND swap pads while you have the clock apart.

It was really easy.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

It wasn't hard. Look up how to remove the center cubby. After that's out you have to remove the vents off that assembly then just take the clock apart. It really wasn't hard.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived