LegacyGT.com

Questions on Koni/Epic suspension setup

So I am getting the Koni/Epic setup for my 09 2.5i and plan on doing this in the spring. Before I get ready to do this, I have a few questions.

1st: Would I need to get any alignment adjustment pieces? Such as adjustable top hats, camber bolts, etc. I already plan on getting the Whiteline RCA kit tho as I've heard that makes a huge difference.

2nd: Obviously I will have to change my alignment specs to compensate for the drop. Are there specs I would want to follow rather than have people punch my car into the computer and set it all to green?

Other than that, I feel as if I have everything else covered. Any other advise is greatly appreciated as this is the first vehicle I've ever modified other than audio. :icon_chee

I didn't get any extra alignment kit stuff for my wagon. When it goes in for its next alignment I'll have them put a little more camber in so the tires don't wear on the inside.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not currently, the insides wear, when I put the summer tires back on I'll have it aligned again. If I was smart I'd do it now, but the snow tires are on there last winter anyways.

Just tell the alignment tech to take care of that. With the little drop there should be enough adjustment.

PM m sprank and check with him, he'd know for sure.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I didn't get any extra alignment kit stuff for my wagon. When it goes in for its next alignment I'll have them put a little more camber in so the tires don't wear on the inside.

I think you mean take camber out. I have found toe is the biggest wear though not camber.

For the koni/epic setup the WL RC/bumpsteer kit is a good choice, and I'd also recommend throwing in the WL positive caster bushings for the front LCA (rear bushing), it's one of my favorite mods to improve steering wheel feel all around.

In addition you should have factory camber bolts up front, if you do not I'd get those too.

For a DD on that setup I'd max out the front camber bolts (should get you about -1 degree or so), the rear camber isn't adjustable, zero out the toe up front, and run a slight toe in in the rear, around 1/32" or so. You will see very minimal and ordinary tire wear with these specs and have a really nice handling/feeling car.

Planned on it. I think I'm going to powder coat them yellow to match the struts as well, but I'm undecided on that

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That would be nice man! Ive ran 4 combos of suspension (Coils, Htech/stock, Htech/Koni, Cut stock springs/KYB) all with Stock rears or whatever set matching rears.

My fav for DD is the Koni up front Stock (new) in the rear

My fav for raked stance is cut OEM springs up front and stock OEM rears

All around low low Coils (too harsh too young for my taste:spin::lol:)

Sounds like you are on the right track and add in the Whiteline bits youll have a nice balanced 2.5i.

That's what I really want. Something that is a streetable drop with a balanced look. Plus the body roll on the stock setup is horrible lol. Eventually I'll probably throw on some beefed up sways, but that all depends on how I feel with the Koni/Epic on it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah I had a tribeca 25mm bar up front so roll was null.

For my LGT I've ordered a 22mm front and 20mm rear bar (solid) suspension wise not sure yet probably cut a spare set of OEM springs for the front paired with tokico struts and OEM rears

Archived