LegacyGT.com

headgaskets

ill look into that i saw a hoist and stand combo on thier for 100$ i might try to find the money for

Those are great things to invest in...thats a great price, make sure the lifting ram works and holds the load before/if you buy it and be wary of people selling broken shit on the cheap.

I've seen people use a rubber attachment on a jack and lift from the bottom of the engine. Then use chains to lift it out. But the jack is mainly there to hold the weight of the engine and lift slightly while a few people set up to lift it out. Personally, I wouldn't use this method and don't condone it in anyway because it may cause damage to your engine and is still very dangerous. But it has given success to some people.

^yeah those are part of it..don't grind them off lol, the dust sheild for the flywheel/flexplate will hang up on the rear lip of the subframe as well and it will keep you about a 1/4 inch from mating the engine and tranny. That kept happening the first time I pulled one of these motors I was getting pissed so I just took that b***** out. +5 HP with that thing deleted.

Well its there for a reason no matter how miniscule..just to keep dust and water off the flywheel but I haven't had problems without it. Not saying to remove it just keep it in mind so when you support the tranny with the jack to pick it up an inch or so above the subframe so it doesn't annoy you enough to remove it.

Archived