LegacyGT.com

WRX pedal swap.. argggg

ion

Yeah that bolt size looks almost exactly like the one I used. I am trying to remember the number on the bag of bolts I bought from Home Depot. I think it was something like:

#10-24 1/4th length

(just say "no" to the pin) :lol:

When I did my pedel, I had no problems with the dead, clutch and brake pedals. But, oh my, that accelerator pedal was a PITA... :mad: I must admit, I got a little frustrated and angry and proceeded to rip the old pedal off with plyers. Then I used a visegrips to get the pin out. I swear they used a spring press to put this pin in... :( Then like almost everyone else, I used a bolt and nut to secure the new pedal.

:D

Tried taking out the accel pedal tonight, no luck. How did you guys manage to get it out? (I'm not even talking about the pin yet!)

I tried unplugging the throttle control first and just couldn't. That thing is supertight down there, and it's so cramped. :(

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Hmmm that was the easy part for me....check out the pic (note, it's not an LGT, I just wanted you to see where the bolt are approx located :D, One down low, one up top), Once you get it off it will look like pic 2. I'm sure you know what everything is but it might help.

As for the clip for the throttle stuff, when you are under there, where you need to push the holder tab in to pop off the harness! It is on the back side, meaing against the wall on the stereo s.ide....just push it in with your finger and pull up, mine came right off.

Then there are 2 gold 12mm nutz that you need to spin off, you'll need a long extention to get to them comfortably. Take them off, and the whole pedal assembly will come out!

Now for the fun part......see my post above for more tips......

2044463206_throttlepedaloverview-GrandTourer.jpg.272250653ab5cc2d0e4ed5663cb57776.jpg

DSC02277.JPG.494fd684b62feb2b5f1fdba93a479e8c.JPG

Hmm no wonder. I was just trying to pull the darn thing off, didn't realize there was a tab. :lol: Is the tab located on the clip itself, or on the pedal assembly portion?

I'll try it again tonight, thanks for the tips!

Woohoo, finally finished putting all the pedals on last weekend. Finally got time to post more about this :p

Thanks for all the help ion and scans! http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3532/1922eb.gif

To help prevent others from making the same n00b mistakes that I did, I'm putting up some additional pics and comments...

Regarding the accel pedal: once I got it off, getting the pin out was actually easier for me. :lol:

I've put pics of that $#%@ tab that gave me such a hard time, and where you should push 'n pull.

I decided to trash the old pedal. It felt too scary for me to try to hammer the pin out, so I just straightened out a paper clip, heat it up over my stove and used it to melt away part of the pedal so I could just remove it from the assembly.

I then used locking pliers (VERY USEFUL!) to compress the pin and pull it out of the metal rod. Initially I used a bolt and nut but it wasn't a perfect fit. After several test pushes of my feet on the pedal I could feel the bolt and nut loosening up. And I didn't want to overtighten it thereby stressing the plastic on the pedal. So I ended up using the pliers again to put the pin back in most of the way, and hammering the rest of the pin in as necessary (much easier to hammer it in, than hammer it out! :p)

The last pic shows the old pedal and and the portion I melted away. Ghetto, I know. :redface:

DSC02003.jpg.efb1c3dfa85d442603b60d375eb97d6a.jpg

DSC02004.jpg.386cf0d56520e89f16896e98c75b40d8.jpg

DSC02009.jpg.f21f0937d14420752739d7cfd2795c14.jpg

DSC02000.jpg.8300fb612c05790246396fac76a06076.jpg

DSC02005.jpg.0899dc399466f91f6e46ef8de0d2bf8a.jpg

Archived